New Frontier Records color vinyl!

mxv

I find it sad that they essentially have a handful of releases, and they just keep pressing them on colored vinyl every month. After awhile, what's the point? Black is probably the rarest color they've pressed!

Actually there was probably way over 100,000 pressed on black and those colors are 1000 or less. That thing was in print on black vinyl and sold well for over 20 years.

And how is that different than what labels like hydra head do where they press up at least 5 different color variations at one time yet i see few people complaining about that. At least Frontier is doing one color at a time and when the distributors run out and they have to press more, they change colors then. Most of those color variations are long gone except for what frontier saved for their mailorder.

I find it sad that they essentially have a handful of releases, and they just keep pressing them on colored vinyl every month. After awhile, what's the point? Black is probably the rarest color they've pressed!

Actually there was probably way over 100,000 pressed on black and those colors are 1000 or less. That thing was in print on black vinyl and sold well for over 20 years.

And how is that different than what labels like hydra head do where they press up at least 5 different color variations at one time yet i see few people complaining about that. At least Frontier is doing one color at a time and when the distributors run out and they have to press more, they change colors then. Most of those color variations are long gone except for what frontier saved for their mailorder.

I love some of the Frontier releases. But, for the last 5 years it seems that all of the records have been on constant colored vinyl pressings. Granted, I know that people have to make a living and all, but what's the point in collecting the different colors when the Suicidal Tendencies record is on its 25th color in the last 2 years? Hydra Head might make 5 colors all at once, but once they're sold out, they're gone. All of the vinyl at frontier is pretty much only on colored vinyl right now. The only frontier vinyl I bought off the site was the special mailorder pressings of 1000 with the different colored sleeves.

And how many different colors are there of the various Hot Water Music releases on No Idea? Hasn't there been like 12 or more of a couple of those? I don't understand how people are all about those but somehow what Frontier is doing pressing one color, then doing a new one when it sells out is somehow wrong? Isn't it essentially the exact same thing no idea does except no idea will sometimes do a couple different colors each pressing which to me is worse.

And how many different colors are there of the various Hot Water Music releases on No Idea? Hasn't there been like 12 or more of a couple of those? I don't understand how people are all about those but somehow what Frontier is doing pressing one color, then doing a new one when it sells out is somehow wrong? Isn't it essentially the exact same thing no idea does except no idea will sometimes do a couple different colors each pressing which to me is worse.

First, you post that we should check out the new frontier records colored vinyl. But, all frontier releases are on colored vinyl. The fact that it's on colored vinyl isn't that big of a deal. I'm not trying to be rude, but I guess I just don't see the hype surrounding their colored vinyl. For the last 5-6 years it seems that all the old releases are now back in print on colored vinyl. I'm sure in 2 months they'll press up another batch on a different color. I'm sure that there is some completist that will buy every color, but for me, I'll just stick with one copy of the record.

I'm not singling out Frontier, but it seems that a lot of labels (Rivalry, No Idea, Deathwish, Bridge 9, etc...) these days are only releasing colored vinyl. It's easier to sell colored vinyl than just plain black wax, but I could care less that the Adolescents s/t album is on a different color this month, because it will be pressed on yet another color next month.

Pardon me for thinking there are some out there who might be collecting all the colors who might want to know there was some new ones out. I mean some people have like a dozen different Against Me colored LPs or HWM LPs so I didn't think it was a stretch that there might be people on this board into that sort of thing.

Pardon me for thinking there are some out there who might be collecting all the colors who might want to know there was some new ones out. I mean some people have like a dozen different Against Me colored LPs or HWM LPs so I didn't think it was a stretch that there might be people on this board into that sort of thing.

+1 for trying

There are people on this board that do actually like punk records, so thanks!

I need to get that first dangerhouse LP on color, so thanks for the heads up!

I wasn't attacking you. I was merely stating that Frontier keeps pressing on CV, and that their CV isn't rare. End of point.