PO Mars Volta - Octahedron

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kingbuzzo

I'm glad I listened to this before I pre-ordered. It sounds like a really boring version of the worst imaginable Faith No More album with Kelly Clarkson singing on it. Easily my least favorite album of theirs.

Scott, I have to disagree. De-loused is easily the best.

I think De-loused has their best songs, but I think Frances is their best all-around album in terms of flow.

yeah, i;d have to agree with this also. frances is a complete listening experience, especially when you tag the actual Frances the Mute song on the end of the album (a bit bewildering that they chose to fill the 6th side of the vinyl with an etching when it would've been PERFECT with the Frances... song on that side). Deloused has awesome individual songs but Frances is the better album.

I think De-loused has their best songs, but I think Frances is their best all-around album in terms of flow.

yeah, i;d have to agree with this also. frances is a complete listening experience, especially when you tag the actual Frances the Mute song on the end of the album (a bit bewildering that they chose to fill the 6th side of the vinyl with an etching when it would've been PERFECT with the Frances... song on that side). Deloused has awesome individual songs but Frances is the better album.

The Frances the Mute single is actually intended to be the first track of the album.

The Frances the Mute single is actually intended to be the first track of the album.

my point is that the song would have been much better on the vinyl than the 6th side etching. whether it be the first or last track. but it certainly does work as the last track on the album. have burnt it all to a CD.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, quick update:

Omar Rodriguez Lopez productions just put this up for pre-order:

http://hellomerch.com/sh/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=877&category_id=46&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2

This is a unique pre-order in that the first 500 orders here get a special slipmat with the order. Also, if you take a look around his store, you can see he offers digital downloads for ALL of his solo works (in mp3, FLAC, etc.) and you get to name your price, but with a $7 minimum.

Virgil, I was waiting to order from you, but I'm assuming you probably won't get the slipmat deal?