City of God..

Guest kissthesharks

I have NOT seen this movie. I looked it up on netflix (wish it was on instant) and it sounds pretty interesting, but definitely a movie that seems like you really just need to watch it. I mean watch it as opposed to judge it by it's "cover", which has become comfortable for me since Hollywood started making only 5% of its films decently.

Guest kissthesharks
i need to see the sequel for this, although i'm betting it'll be nothing near

as good as this

There's a sequel? I'm interested..

City of Men, i think there are two. one's a tv kinda series and one is a movie. i read the description briefly on amazon and it said something about it not being an official sequel, but being in brazil and having some of the same actors?

I have seen City of Men on late night cable (Showtime or something similar) and it does seem to be in the same spirit of City of God. I have only seen the first third or so of COG, up until the main bad guy is a kid and goes to the hotel or bordello for the robbery, so I can't say for sure, but it was a pretty raw movie for what it was.

Brazil ups the punx fo' sho'!

Guest kissthesharks
City of Men, i think there are two. one's a tv kinda series and one is a movie. i read the description briefly on amazon and it said something about it not being an official sequel, but being in brazil and having some of the same actors?

I have seen City of Men on late night cable (Showtime or something similar) and it does seem to be in the same spirit of City of God. I have only seen the first third or so of COG, up until the main bad guy is a kid and goes to the hotel or bordello for the robbery, so I can't say for sure, but it was a pretty raw movie for what it was.

Brazil ups the punx fo' sho'!

Brazil doesn't fuck around. Which is the main idea in City of God.

this film is absolutely breathtaking. The visuals are stunning, and that's not even talking about the actual story of this film. Raw, intentional and sometimes brutal, I remember the first time I saw this film, and the long hours I spent laying in bed afterwards, thinking about it.

god, what a great thing to exist.

city of god is amazing. blu-ray now please.

city of men is an interesting story, it is rather hit or miss with some of the stories, but there are some really good episodes especially

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

one of the guys ends up getting this girl pregant and the stuff he has to deal with as a teenage father.

got this guy in my queue....it sounds like its worth a bump up a little closer to the top

Send it straight to the top. It's better than anything else you have in your queue because it's one of the greatest movies ever. Do it. You won't regret it.

done - it will ship this week as i have two to send back today