Boycott Chase Bank

So you don't agree with the fees but you're spending hours defending them? That makes a whole ton of sense. I understand why. Like I said I have damn good credit and I can do rudimentary math. I get why its happening. But I believe it shouldn't be happening. And frankly some of this is covered in the credit card bill that was just passed so evidently I've got some backing in my belief.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I HATE CHASE BECAUSE THEY CHARGED ME A LATE FEE FOR PAYING LATE. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH. EVERYBODY SHOULD BOYCOTT CHASE BECAUSE I'M TOO MUCH OF A DUMBFUCK TO PAY MY BILL ON TIME. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH.

Fuck off.

You first jack-ass.

I HATE CHASE BECAUSE THEY CHARGED ME A LATE FEE FOR PAYING LATE. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH. EVERYBODY SHOULD BOYCOTT CHASE BECAUSE I'M TOO MUCH OF A DUMBFUCK TO PAY MY BILL ON TIME. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH.

Fuck off.

=)) that made my day. Kudos.

I'm glad some idiot on the internet makes you feel better about your feelings about fucking people over with as many fees as possible.

It does suck that you got so many fees slapped on, and yeah, they shouldn't be such dicks about it, but at the same time, by entering business with them you agreed to their policies, so at the end of the day it's still your responsibility to avoid those fees, and pay them if they occur. If you think their fee system is shitty (it sounds pretty bad), then go to a different bank, which you did. So, case closed?

I wrote a letter to the CEO of Credit Card services yesterday morning. This morning I received a call from an executive customer service agent who said she would revoke all charges and credit those charges back on this month's statement. Now the case is closed.

Job well done!

You should post his e-mail address here for future reference in case this shows up on Google or if someone has an issue w/ Chase later.

I remember seeing a quote from Henry Ford once (I think it was in the liner notes for Reflux' Illusion of Democracy) where he said something along the lines of "if the people knew how the banking system worked there would be a revolution by morning." Now I'm not an anarchist, nor do I want to add to that debate that happens on here on occasion, but I'm kind of on a search to find out what he means. I believe that there is a connection between the credit "crisis" and my bank account (although I don't know what that is). I know that I have a serious distrust in any group that holds my money, if it weren't for online shopping and paychecks I would keep money under my mattress or in a hollowed out book.

I had a bank account with a major banking corporation (it was Washington Mutual but it doesn't matter because they're all the fucking same!) that I got a bunch of charges from. I had over-drafted on my checking account. Definitely my fault (although it was by less than $10 and I got a $35 fee) but they didn't take money from my savings account because it was not "linked" (I got my statements on the same piece of paper in the same envelope in the mail, how is that not linked?). What they did do was take money out of my grandfather and my brother's accounts to "make up for it" (because my mom was a co-signer on all the accounts).

Anyway, my major beef with these banks is that they have your money and can do whatever they want with it. If you get a parking ticket then the Government has to ask you for money to pay the fee. Although it is illegal not to, they cannot compel you to do it. You have to go to the court house and give them your money. The bank on the other hand can just take your money for a fee without your permission! That's stealing!

I switched my bank account to a local credit union. Credit Union's are non-profit and my dad told me he has gotten charges 100% reversed when he explained the circumstance to them. Credit unions can still do whatever they want with my money and my credit card from this credit union is still a Visa but it makes me feel a little bit better to have a non-profit group hold my money.

mostly because Wells Fargo said it would take 2 business days and it took three. Because of this Chase charged me a finance charge for the day and a late fee.

Wait, what in the world did Chase do wrong here, you missed a payment, got charged fees, they did nothing wrong. Your late fee is now part of your balance.

I am wondering why you are not upset with Wells Fargo who actually did something wrong, or at east gave you wrong information.

You should call Wells Fargo and explain that because the payment was to take two days and it did not you were charged fee's and try to collect there.

Don't waste your time tweeting and facebooking, everyone and their mother hates a bank. Its like asking someone for diet or car advice, everyone thinks they are an expert.

Personally been a Chase customer for almost 10 years now, never had 1 single problem. Once I over-drafter, I walked into the bank, explained myself and said I have never done this and don't plan on ever doing it again and they gave me all the fees back.

oh and don't wait 48 hours before a bill is due to pay the thing.

mostly because Wells Fargo said it would take 2 business days and it took three. Because of this Chase charged me a finance charge for the day and a late fee.

Wait, what in the world did Chase do wrong here, you missed a payment, got charged fees, they did nothing wrong. Your late fee is now part of your balance.

I am wondering why you are not upset with Wells Fargo who actually did something wrong, or at east gave you wrong information.

You should call Wells Fargo and explain that because the payment was to take two days and it did not you were charged fee's and try to collect there.

Don't waste your time tweeting and facebooking, everyone and their mother hates a bank. Its like asking someone for diet or car advice, everyone thinks they are an expert.

Personally been a Chase customer for almost 10 years now, never had 1 single problem. Once I over-drafter, I walked into the bank, explained myself and said I have never done this and don't plan on ever doing it again and they gave me all the fees back.

oh and don't wait 48 hours before a bill is due to pay the thing.

Looks like the Executive Customer Service thinks I'm not too wrong about this whole situation, that works for me. And what Chase did wrong was treat someone who should be a valued customer like a degenerate.

Oh and being that I'm pretty confident about how and when I pay bills, how I handle my credit and credit cards, and how I do my banking I don't need your advice or your condescension.

how many times did they cite "as a one time courtesy" to you. just to reiterate that they did not do anything wrong and what they did for you was in fact a courtesy. this is the point where lots of people feel their sense of entitlement and expect the same treatment month after month.

credit card customer service is seriously the worst job ever.

nothing quite like getting the rug pulled out from under you.

If you think, after what I've said, I expect this to happen month-over-month you've not been paying attention. The whole reason this is an issue is its a one time thing. Its not just a one-time thing, its a one-time-in-four-years thing. That was my whole issue with the lack of customer service to start.

And honestly, she customer service person never said anything about this being a one-time courtesy. Just looked up the information and said she'd happy to take care of the charges.

If you think, after what I've said, I expect this to happen month-over-month you've not been paying attention. The whole reason this is an issue is its a one time thing. Its not just a one-time thing, its a one-time-in-four-years thing. That was my whole issue with the lack of customer service to start.

And honestly, she customer service person never said anything about this being a one-time courtesy. Just looked up the information and said she'd happy to take care of the charges.

this is the point where lots of people feel their sense of entitlement and expect the same treatment month after month.

must have been paying attention pretty well since I never said YOU would be abusing this courtesy but rather OTHERS do.

as someone who still works in customer service but in another field of business i'll say this, just because the outcome is not what you wanted does not mean there was a lapse of service. at times a middle ground is found and the rep wants to amend things so the customer/guest is a return patron but there are instances where no one is owed anything.

when someone gets that "well you better do it attitude" your chances of getting anything in return is out the window.

again, Chase and the first rep you spoke with did NOTHING wrong. you sign up for this means you agree to the fees.

You're going to believe whatever you want. My first call to Chase admitted wrong-doing and simply asked one of the two charges, the late fee or the finance charge, be reversed out of courtesy. To me, while by the book Chase did nothing wrong, rebuffing that request from a good customer is just bad service and bad common sense.

Matt, you may be right but its really not the point. A fee is not a purchase, it shouldn't be subject to finance charges and frankly, when you've made 86 out of 88 payments perfectly on time and in full you should get a cookie, i.e. a reversal of $11.82, regardless of terms and conditions. I believe this not simply out of principal but because Wells Fargo has reversed for me at least 5 egregious bounced check fees out of good will. I expect a company I do a ton of business with to get me some slack every once in a while. Fuck expect I demand. And when you're payment is a day late, a single solitary day one time in 4 years, I demand a company understand weird things happen.

As a banking institution your business model shouldn't be fee-based. It should be service based.

a credit card company is a business, and like any business, is designed to make money. they make a little bit of money off you in interchange fees (literally pennies on the dollar based on what you spend), but they make the bulk of their money in fees. Customers are given the chance to avoid these fees, and when they don't, they get charged.

Your statement of I expect to get a cookie because I've been loyal is a nice sentiment, but not practical. Should I expect Virgil to give me a free record if I called him and demanded it because I've bought at least one record if not multiple records every month for the last three years? He'd laugh at me. Any company would laugh at you. So why should a bank be held to a different standard?

Without a bank error causing that payment to be received late, the bank doesn't owe you anything and the fees charged are valid.

Your analogy doesn't really fit this scenario.

I think the point that was trying to be made was, hey I'm a great customer of yours and very loyal. I made a mistake once, can you help me out, if not I'll gladly take my business elsewhere.

In our current economical climate customer service is key and companies are going to have to work hard to build great relationships with their customers. Our generation isn't like our parents or grandparents who still stick w/ one company their entire life for things. We research, look for deals, hop around, etc...