Boycott Chase Bank

I made a payment a day late, mostly because Wells Fargo said it would take 2 business days and it took three. Because of this Chase charged me a finance charge for the day and a late fee. I could have dealt with one but both is totally ridiculous. With this is mind I called Chase to get them to reverse the fees. Not only didn't they, they acted like they couldn't care less about my business. At the time I had a checking account with them, a savings account with them, and this credit card with a rather high limit I use regularly and often. I never carry a balance over, always paying in full. I figure I'm the type of customer they like, I guess not.

Now this month I come to find out they're charging me another finance charge because of the late fee. Yep, not only did I get a late fee and a finance charge for a day late but now I'm getting double fucked because I'm getting a finance charge on the late fee.

Chase sucks, boycott chase. Seriously. I believe, at this point I'm going to be constantly Twittering and posting to Facebook about how much people should leave Chase. I want to make as much noise as possible. I believe Chase thinks they can fuck over customers and nothing will happen and I want to make sure that's not the case. I also want to start some kind of online resource, providing there's not one already, allowing people to share their experiences with the banks they deal with. I need to find a name for it.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i had this same problem with capital one. not only did i have the same sort of treatment from them, they are raising my interest rate dramatically in september. according to clark howard, thousands of other people are gonna get the increase also. i have awesone credit and my rate is like 13%, its going to something like 25%. needless to say, my shit is getting cut up and cut off.

i heard that in motorbikes case its best to just pay your balance, not close the account and dont use the card anymore. It's appparently way better for your credit score to do this then to keep using and paying the balance off right away. If you are going to be leaving them anyway this might not be a bad idea. Just check it periodically and make sure no one else has been using it.

i heard that in motorbikes case its best to just pay your balance, not close the account and dont use the card anymore. It's appparently way better for your credit score to do this then to keep using and paying the balance off right away. If you are going to be leaving them anyway this might not be a bad idea. Just check it periodically and make sure no one else has been using it.

actually the way this effects you is if it was your first credit card. when you cancel your first credit card, your credit history doesn't go back that far anymore, and will move up to the next time you got a credit card.

I'm having a hard time explaining it, hope that made sense.

My accountant friend told me that a lot of this is related to that credit reform bill that was recently passed. It's going to get harder and harder for banks and lenders to make money using their old tactics because a lot of them are going to become illegal. So now the lenders are all going to fuck each and every one of us between now and when the bill goes into effect.

Chase is my auto lender and while I'm not totally stoked on everything they do I'm not pissed either. I dunno, I think all the banks are shady as hell. Fuck BofA and Union Bank and and Capital One. I haven't had any great experiences with any of the banks/lenders I've dealt with in the past.

you know whats not annoying? the chase radio commercial in california... since chase banks are new out there...

Lady: hey mom, I wanted to call and tell you about Chase

Mom: oh my god, you met a guy named Chase?! OH HAROLD, LIZZY MET A GUY NAMED CHASE! does he make a lot of money? blah balh blah balha balh ablah

Lady: No mom, Chase is a bank I just joined! They just opened up here in (INSERT CITY IN CALIFORNIA) and are really great!

Mom: Oh, well, do they still treat you well? When are you having babies?

Lady: oh moooooommmmmmmmmmmmm

I just use Discover for everything credit card-related. Never had a problem with 'em.

I would but not everyone takes Discover. Visa and Mastercard are always accepted though.

Yeah, this is true -- Discover's not taken anywhere in Europe, which is a bummer since I'm going there for my brother's wedding. I'll have to use my debit Mastercard for everything and spend thriftily.

I would but not everyone takes Discover. Visa and Mastercard are always accepted though.

Yeah, this is true -- Discover's not taken anywhere in Europe, which is a bummer since I'm going there for my brother's wedding. I'll have to use my debit Mastercard for everything and spend thriftily.

thats what i do. Discover credit card of Visa debit card. thats it.

The key word in that entire story was "LATE"

If you're late you get charged fees. Pay earlier next time to avoid it.

I was aware I was late I took responsibility for it but I expect some god damn good will. And paying a finance charge ON A FUCKING FEE is ridiculous. That's cynical bitter bullshit you're tossing.

The key word in that entire story was "LATE"

If you're late you get charged fees. Pay earlier next time to avoid it.

adam hudson aka mr ruthless card services supervisor.

Now this month I come to find out they're charging me another finance charge because of the late fee. Yep, not only did I get a late fee and a finance charge for a day late but now I'm getting double fucked because I'm getting a finance charge on the late fee.

correct me if im wrong, cause i haven't worked for BofA for quite some time and I tried to block lots of things out from my time there, but this second finance charge sounds like a residual finance charge.

this happens when the balance isn't paid in full and the interest builds daily until you pay off the card the following month.

id sum this up but look into this and read up on residual finance charges. i assure you you are notified about this up front when signing up for the card. whether or not its fair/unfair is not up to me but this is included in the terms.

http://www.cardratings.com/moneysavingstips/2006/11/credit-cards-with-residual-finance.html

Matt, you may be right but its really not the point. A fee is not a purchase, it shouldn't be subject to finance charges and frankly, when you've made 86 out of 88 payments perfectly on time and in full you should get a cookie, i.e. a reversal of $11.82, regardless of terms and conditions. I believe this not simply out of principal but because Wells Fargo has reversed for me at least 5 egregious bounced check fees out of good will. I expect a company I do a ton of business with to get me some slack every once in a while. Fuck expect I demand. And when you're payment is a day late, a single solitary day one time in 4 years, I demand a company understand weird things happen.

As a banking institution your business model shouldn't be fee-based. It should be service based.