No Use for a Name News!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SWEET! This album rocks! Their best work by far. I knew it was this album, and after is going to be Strung Out's Suburbun Teenage Wasteland Blues. <----Strung Out's only good album, but it's a really fucking good album.

*cough*Twisted By Design*cough*

Hell yes! I just saw the show where they played this whole album. AMAZING!

I love everything Strung Out has put out tho. I dont even think they have a single song I dont like.

Just got the new NUFAN CD and its pretty awesome so far.

SWEET! This album rocks! Their best work by far. I knew it was this album, and after is going to be Strung Out's Suburbun Teenage Wasteland Blues. <----Strung Out's only good album, but it's a really fucking good album.

I like the first few Strung Out albums, but I'd much rather see Good Riddance "For God and Country" re-pressed before another Strung Out album.

I can't fuckin wait for Leche Con Carne, though. This album brings back a lot of good memories for me. Most of the albums they're repressing right now do.

does anyone else think nufan is going to absolutely kill it with their new album? i have heard two new songs and i just think that they're really going to win back a lot of naysayers.

I've only heard one song from it, but it sounds pretty cool to me. I haven't even bothered with them since More Betterness. I like that album to some degree, but I couldn't get into the next ones. Hopefully the songs for download aren't the only ones that sound so good.

does anyone else think nufan is going to absolutely kill it with their new album? i have heard two new songs and i just think that they're really going to win back a lot of naysayers.

I've only heard one song from it, but it sounds pretty cool to me. I haven't even bothered with them since More Betterness. I like that album to some degree, but I couldn't get into the next ones. Hopefully the songs for download aren't the only ones that sound so good.

Couldn't agree more. This new album sounds to me like it has a lot of Lagwagon influence, and they totally shred on that one song on their myspace. I'm looking very forward to this. And I hope this is only another step toward getting back to the Daily Grind sound.

DEAR FAT WRECK CHORDS:

PLEASE PRESS THE ELEMENT OF SONIC DEFIANCE ON VINYL. DO WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO DO IN ORDER TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

seriously though - is it too long for a single LP? i haven't listened to it in ages on cd and the version that i do have on my iPod is fucked and has tons of extra tracks, i think.

Guest baseball

Yeah, Element of Sonic Defiance would be cool and all but I'd rather see the new Mad Caddies album!

So disappointed that didn't get pressed :(. I love that album.

Guest baseball
i'm a little surprised people hate the last couple of nufan records so much. i think both have some of their best songs on them...although there is also an unusual amount of crap for them on each.

I like Hard Rock Bottom, not nearly my favorite but I like it.

The vocals/production on Keep Them Confused really irritates me for some reason.

Guest baseball
it took me some time to get past the production on 'keep them confused' too but there's some really great songs if you do.

Yeah, I agree. Man that production bugs me though.

Can't remember the names but I think tracks 1, 4, and the last one are solid.