Run For Cover Records

I don't know if Virgil is going to do a pre-order or just post them a week or two before they come in. Adam, the guy who did the art for it had his computer stolen and lost the LP layout and has been on tour all summer. He is finishing it this week. That's all we're waiting on.

There will be 50-100 copies with silkscreened covers sold on the Gig Life tour.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but nick, it's not the fact that shit gets delayed. i understand that 99% of delays are unavoidable...it's the fact that for at least a month or more since i/others pre-ordered the vinyl there was ZERO communication between the label and its customers.

no twitter update, no website update, nothing. THAT is the problem. it seems like updates on the situation were practically forced out of the guy.

if i'm a customer of RFC, i trust that my money is going toward what i paid for. when it's taking so long to hear about the status of an order that contained a 7 inch and 3 CDs why should i, in my right mind, continue to purchase goods from him? it's sad because run for cover has some GREAT bands on its roster.

this goes for ANY business out there. customer service SHOULD be your number one priority.

Are you serious? We have updated people so many times about this via twitter, messagebords, and our website. Like...literally probably 10 times. ????

Title Fight pre-orders have started shipping. All package deals should be shipped by the end of tomorrow depending on what time the blue vinyl comes in. Rainbo has admitted their fault with our order and all the delays and the representative we work with had his last day on Friday, but I'm not sure why. It's not like these records were only two weeks late...

As always please email me if you are missing an order that isn't a pre-order. I respond to every email I get.

I sent you 2 e-mails regarding the order i still didn't get, no reply, and it's been 2 weeks.

ordered this the day it was posted for pre-order (some time in may). i had just moved home from college for the summer. these things are just starting to ship today and i move back to school in a week. so it took the whole summer to release a 7" when a buddy's label has put out 3 LPs in the same amount of time. awesome.

pre-orders really are for suckers.

I was trying hard to not get involved in this thread but I have to. I run a small DIY label myself and I know what a pain in the ass geting a single 7" record can be. Record Plants are backed up weeks to even months these days and everything that can go wrong, usually does. And to the people who say dont do a pre order, well sometimes a label needs to in order to help fund the actual release( i know the counter agrument will be "well dont have a label if you dont have money", we are trying our best to invest in bands and do something we love, sometimes money can be tight). Most of us run these labels ontop of our daily lives so things can be very hectic, we try our best to update each customer and take care of each customer. I know Jeff would agree with me on this and he appreciates everyones patience to this point, he is not trying to rip anyone off. The 7" will come and you will surely enjoy it once it arrives in your hands.

I support Jeff and RFC, his label has blown up in the last year with the talent he has signed, so keep it up.

I can attest to the fact that the plant Jeff used for the Title Fight record is slow as shit and always has delays. the recent Downpresser record I did, for example, was mailed to the plant back in early April. I told them I needed the records before June 24th (the day I left for tour) so I could get pre-orders out. they said it would be no problem and the records would be in way before that. well, they didn't and they had over 2 months to press 1000 records. while I was on the road, I got a ton of emails saying they were delayed again and again. The records didn't come till AFTER I got back from tour in August. It took 4 months to get my records and they even pressed 300 of them on the wrong color. so yeah, give Jeff a break, you'll get your pre-orders.

To those who think Jeff is just stealing their money, do you really think Jeff is living in luxury with your $25? Believe it or not, hardcore labels do not make nearly as much money as people think they do, if they can even pull in a profit at all.

this all is just my "2 cents" so take it for what it's worth

oh yeah, I have a new Bane 7" going up for pre-order soon, order if you dare!

www.runforcoverrecords.com

www.triple-brecords.com

I was trying hard to not get involved in this thread but I have to. I run a small DIY label myself and I know what a pain in the ass geting a single 7" record can be. Record Plants are backed up weeks to even months these days and everything that can go wrong, usually does. And to the people who say dont do a pre order, well sometimes a label needs to in order to help fund the actual release( i know the counter agrument will be "well dont have a label if you dont have money", we are trying our best to invest in bands and do something we love, sometimes money can be tight). Most of us run these labels ontop of our daily lives so things can be very hectic, we try our best to update each customer and take care of each customer. I know Jeff would agree with me on this and he appreciates everyones patience to this point, he is not trying to rip anyone off. The 7" will come and you will surely enjoy it once it arrives in your hands.

I support Jeff and RFC, his label has blown up in the last year with the talent he has signed, so keep it up.

I can attest to the fact that the plant Jeff used for the Title Fight record is slow as shit and always has delays. the recent Downpresser record I did, for example, was mailed to the plant back in early April. I told them I needed the records before June 24th (the day I left for tour) so I could get pre-orders out. they said it would be no problem and the records would be in way before that. well, they didn't and they had over 2 months to press 1000 records. while I was on the road, I got a ton of emails saying they were delayed again and again. The records didn't come till AFTER I got back from tour in August. It took 4 months to get my records and they even pressed 300 of them on the wrong color. so yeah, give Jeff a break, you'll get your pre-orders.

To those who think Jeff is just stealing their money, do you really think Jeff is living in luxury with your $25? Believe it or not, hardcore labels do not make nearly as much money as people think they do, if they can even pull in a profit at all.

this all is just my "2 cents" so take it for what it's worth

oh yeah, I have a new Bane 7" going up for pre-order soon, order if you dare!

www.runforcoverrecords.com

www.triple-brecords.com

nothing else needs to be said.