If you were to move to a new state...

Guest kissthesharks

Guest kissthesharks

what would it be? I like to think I'll end up in Pennsylvania or Massachussets one day. What about you guys? If you are happy with the state you are in, just throw one out for fun.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.....I'm not sure, I've lived in Minnesota, Georgia, Ohio, Florida, Washington DC, Washington State, and Texas....well Germany fer four years too, but I can't really count that cuz it was from age 1-4....Don't remember a damn thing. I liked Seattle, But got in WAY to much trouble there. I wouldn't mind Minneapolis again one day. I've lived there a few times. It's really where I'm from...But for any place I havn't been....I couldn't pick one.

i've thought about this a lot lately. the only other states i could see myself living in would be California or Florida. California is in worse shape economically than here and the risk of earthquakes and wildfires is a huge turn off too. Florida gets hit with a hurricane like every other day once hurricane season starts. with my luck within the first year of moving to either state one of those natural disasters would happen and i would lose everything. if i were to move i would need a beach, i couldn't live in like Kansas or Nebraska. how hot or how cold a place wouldn't be a big deciding factor either.

Guest kissthesharks

I mean, I love TX and all, but I've lived here all my life and I want to see other places. I think Oregon would be pretty cool too. I like the cold, and TX isn't really the place for that.

States I've lived: PA, TX, CA, NM

States I've yet to visit: OR, MA, WA, AK, ID, WY, ND, NY, VT, ME, NH, HI

States I'd move to: MA, OR, WA, AK, or Toronto, ON Canada

I love TX (acually, only austin, really), but the wheather here sux. I hate CA, but the weather is fuckin amazing. if only i could live in a city where the people are as friendly as they are in austin, but with the weather of southern california.

Since I've never really been to a lot of cities that appeal to me through what I've heard, seen on TV/Internet, etc., I can't stay anything 100%. I'd love to check out Seattle, WA, or Portland OR. though.

Edit: I think living in Alaska for a few years would be interesting as well.

2 of my friends are originally from portland, until they moved here, and they said that portland is just like austin, except less shows, better public transit, and more drug abusers.

Guest afsdan
i think either washington state or colorado

no more Californians please.

i'd be into Montana or Alaska. but only when I have enough money to build a moat, gun turrets, razor wire, etc.

I grew up in Alaska. It's a pretty meh place to grow up but I always have a blast when I visit now that I don't live there. Summers fucking rule!

I've thought about moving to Portland which is a rad place and all but like Mike D says there are a ton of drug abusers. I don't have a problem with drug use but the place is full of people who are going nowhere and have absolutely no problem with it.

Other places i'd dig moving to are California, Pittsburg, Denver. Austin sounds rad but way way way too hot for me.

I grew up in Alaska. It's a pretty meh place to grow up but I always have a blast when I visit now that I don't live there. Summers fucking rule!

I've thought about moving to Portland which is a rad place and all but like Mike D says there are a ton of drug abusers. I don't have a problem with drug use but the place is full of people who are going nowhere and have absolutely no problem with it.

Other places i'd dig moving to are California, Pittsburg, Denver. Austin sounds rad but way way way too hot for me.

austin is rad, but the summers are hot and humid, but everyone just goes swimming. and the seasons run about a month late, fall and spring last a little longer than usual. but with the shows here, its' really hard not to move. i have everything i want here. every complex has a swimming pool (not really, but most do), tons and tons of naturally beautiful women (more so than any other state i've lived in), pretty decent cost of living, and my sandwich job pays me an average of $13 an hour. ($6 tax free).

I think about this a lot. I feel so lost and out of place most of the time. I've been visiting all these places, trying to find one I really like. I'm hoping to go to Minneapolis soon.

Ahhh Minneapolis: home of The Jayhawks, Husker Du, Soul Asylum, and of course The Replacements. Lot of good bands out of that city.