Mylene Sheath August Newsletter!

July! What a great month - you have the 4th of July, celebrating America’s independence from Great Britain (even though some people dream about going back there!), you have summer hitting full stride with pool parties and crowded beaches, and you have.... Joel’s 30th birthday! Yikes...

moving on...

quickly...

June was a great month, it was pretty busy and we got more accomplished in those 30 days than we have probably ever accomplished in such a short time frame, but it all went smoothly! We got to hang with our KC posse Actors & Actresses at their album release show for “Arrows”, which is always so much fun =) The set was gorgeous and the response was powerful. What a great night! Then it was off to VA to hang hard with the Gifts From Enola machine. Another powerful response from the crowd and watching them rip through From Fathoms from beginning to end was indescribable. Packing and mailing promos and preorders from hotel rooms made us feel really cool too. But long story short, June ruled =) Now we can gear up for an intense July =)

Constants have completed their trek across Europe and hopefully all of you over there had a chance to go see them during their stay there =) All the preorders for “The Foundation, The Machine, The Ascension” have been shipped out and the album will be in record stores on July 14th. The album is already up on iTunes, Rhapsody, AmazonMP3, and all the other DSP’s if you would like to purchase it that way, or you can download the album for free at GIMMESOUND.COM and the band will still receive a royalty payment - which RULES!

The Gifts From Enola boys are invading a state near you soon. Please head out and support them, you can’t miss them - they’re in the giant gray bus driving through your town. Or you can check the tour dates below as well =)

Gifts From Enola’s “From Fathoms” received some more dynamite press. You can read some reviews of it at DECOY MUSIC and CHEWING GUM FOR THE EARS. The band is currently on their 9 week national tour and just finished up the first leg of the tour with Irepress, soon they team up with Beware of Safety on the west coast for a string of dates. Full tour dates are listed in the “Shows!!” section of the newsletter =)

Actors & Actresses “Arrows” is performing very well on the radio right now, which rules. It ranked as the #19 add nationwide last week and debuted on some stations as high as #2 this week! If you have a minute, please hit up your local college radio station’s website and email a request for them =) More radio campaigns are gearing up to get started as well, we’ll keep you posted on who and when as shit goes doooooown!

Um, lets check out some tour dates!!

SHOWS!!

IF THESE TREES COULD TALK

07/10/09....Cleveland, OH @ Ingenuity Festival

07/11/09....Detroit, MI @ The Berkley Front w/No Graves Like Sea

07/24/09....Akron, OH @ Musica w/Damiera

08/05/09....Kent, OH @ The Robin Hood w/Gifts From Enola

08/06/09....Pittsburgh, PA @ The Siling Moose w/Gifts From Enola

08/07/09....Harrisonburg, PA @ The Spy Club w/Gifts From Enola

08/08/09....Philadelphia, PA @ The M Room

08/09/09....New York, NY @ Public Assembly w/Gifts From Enola

08/10/09....Allston, MA @ O’ Briens w/Hadoken

BEWARE OF SAFETY

07/10/09....La Jolla, CA @ Che Cafe w/Gifts From Enola

07/11/09....Los Angeles, CA @ Mr. T’s Bowl w/Gifts From Enola

07/12/09....Pomona, CA @ Characters w/Gifts From Enola

10/23/09....New York, NY @ TBA

10/24/09....Harrisonburg, VA @ TBA

10/25/09....Pittsburgh, PA @ TBA

10/26/09....Cincinnati, OH @ TBA

10/27/09....Chicago, IL @ TBA

10/28/09....Akron, OH @ TBA

10/29/09....Philadelphia, PA @ TBA

10/30/09....Boston, MA @ TBA

10/31/09....New haven, CT @ TBA

GIFTS FROM ENOLA

FROM FATHOMS SUMMER TOUR!

07/07/09....El Paso, TX @ Badland Billiards

07/08/09....Tempe, AZ @ The Space

07/09/09....Tucson, AZ @ The Hut

07/10/09....San Diego, CA @ The Che Cafe w/Beware of Safety

07/11/09....Los Angeles, CA @ Mr.T’s Bowl w/Beware of Safety

07/12/09....Pomona, CA @ Characters w/Beware of Safety

07/14/09....San Francisco, CA @ Bottom Of The Hill

07/15/09....Sacramento, CA @ Ugly’s

07/16/09....Chico, CA @ Cafe Coda

07/17/09....Eugene, OR @ The Epic room

07/18/09....Portland, OR @ The Backspace

07/19/09....Seattle, WA @ Summer Tour

07/21/09....Boise, ID @ The Gusto Bar

07/22/09....Salt Lake City, UT @ Kilby Court

07/24/09....Denver, CO @ The Meadow Lark

07/25/09....Lawrence, KS @ Jackpot Music Hall w/Actors & Actresses

07/27/09....Kansas City, MO @ The Record Bar w/Actors & Actresses

07/28/09....Waterloo, Iowa @ Amvets Post 19

07/29/09....St. Paul, MN @ The Turf Club

07/30/09....Madison, WI @ The High Noon Saloon

07/31/09....Chicago, IL @ The Metal Shaker

08/01/09....Mt. Pleasant, MI @ Rubble’s

08/02/09....Pontiac, MI @ The Pike Room

08/03/09....Cincinnati, OH @ The Blue Rock Tavern

08/05/09....Kent, OH @ The Robin Hood w/If These Trees Could Talk

08/06/09....Pittsburgh, PA @ The Smiling Moose w/If These Trees Could Talk

08/07/09....Harrisonburg, PA @ The Spy Club w/If These Trees Could Talk

08/08/09....Philadelphia, PA @ The M Room w/If These Trees Could Talk

08/09/09....New York, NY @ The Public Assembly w/If These Trees Could Talk

08/10/09....Wallingford, CT @ TBA

08/11/09....Northampton, MA @ The Elevens w/Irepress

08/12/09....Winooski, VT @ The Monkey Bar w/Irepress

08/13/09....Montreal, QC @ The Green Room w/Irepress

08/15/09....Boston, MA @ St. Michaels Hall

08/16/09....Pawtucket, RI @ The Blackstone

08/17/09....Asbury Park, NJ @ The Saint

08/18/09....Baltimore, MD @ TBA

08/19/09....Charlottesville, VA @ The Outback Lodge

08/20/09....Harrisonburg, VA @ The SAC House

CASPIAN

more dates TBA

07/24/09....Manchester, NH @ The Engine Room

08/26/09....Camden, ME @ Gilberts Irish Pub

08/27/09....Portland, ME @ Space Gallery

08/29/09....Cambridge, MA @ TT The Bears (Tertia release show!)

09/02/09....Hamburg, Germany @ Haus 73

09/03/09....Leipzig, Germany @ Nato

09/06/09....Berlin, Germany @ Dot Club

09/07/09....Poznan, Poland @ Bluenote

09/08/09....Gydnia, Poland @ Ucho

09/09/09...Warsaw, Poland @ Progresia

09/10/09....Krakow, Poland @ Manngha

09/11/09....Tczew, Poland @ Tromba

09/12/09....Trollhattan, Sweden @ Magasin 15

09/16/09....Sodertalje, Sweden @ Club Astoria

09/18/09....Aarhus, Denmark @ Studenterhus

09/19/09....Copenhagen, Denmark @ Vega

09/21/09....Oberhausen, Germany @ Drucklufthaus

09/23/09....Aarschot, Belgium @ De Klinker

09/24/09....Koln, Germany @ MTC

09/25/09....Maastricht, Netherlands @ Muziekgierjj

09/26/09....Groningen, Netherlands @ Vera

09/28/09....London, UK @ Barfly

09/29/09....Leeds, UK @ Brudenell Social Club

09/30/09....Peterborough, UK @ Club Revolution

10/01/09....Newport, UK @ Meze Lounge

10/02/09....Colmar, France @ MJC

10/10/09....Bolzano, Italy @ Pippo Stage

10/12/09....Zurich, Switzerland @ Hafenkneipe

10/13/09....Vienna, Austria @ Chelsea

10/15/09....Feldkirch, Austria @ Graf Hugo

10/16/09....Chur, Switzerland @ Werkstatt

10/17/09....Dresden, Germany @ Beatpol

10/18/09....Graz, Austria @ Forum Stadpark

10/19/09....Munich, Germany @ Glockenbachwerkstatt

10/20/09....Stuttgart, Germany @ Jugenddhaus West

10/21/09....Frankfurt, Germany @ Elfer

10/22/09....Braunschweig, Germany @ Nexus

10/23/09....Munster, Germany @ Amp

10/25/09....Athens, Greece @ Rodeo

ACTORS & ACTRESSES

07/25/09....Lawrence, KS @ Jackpot Music Hall w/ Gifts From Enola

07/27/09....Kansas City, MO @ Record Bar w/ Gifts From Enola

08/29/09....Cambridge, MA @ TT The Bears (Tertia release show!

CONSTANTS

***FULL US TOUR FROM SEPTEMBER 10 - NOVEMBER 7 : DATES COMING SOON!***

CASPIAN - Tertia preorder / pressing info

We will start shipping out all CD preorders the first week of August, the street date on those will be August 11th if you prefer supporting your local record stores and purchasing from them. The vinyl will ship a little bit later as it takes longer to press, but we’ll be shipping those out mid-late August, the street date will be in September for record stores nationwide on the vinyl tip. When it comes to pressing information, it will break down like this:

• 100 180 gram black vinyl (mailorder edition)

• 100 pilsner w/maroon haze (mailorder edition)

• 200 translucent maroon w/black haze (tour edition)

• 700 opaque maroon (regular edition)

The 180 gram black vinyl is going to clock in at $25 per copy due to the extra costs of pressing it on the heavier vinyl in such a limited run (no manufacturing price break for quantity, ect). So if that price is too steep for your blood we’ll be offering the pilsner w/maroon haze as the cheaper, equally as limited and cool alternative for $20 =)

IF THESE TREES COULD TALK - Above The Earth, Below The Sky LP

Yup. This is in the works =) It’s just underway, so there’s really no details we can give yet other than Three Bears Design will be handling the artwork (they did Gifts From Enola’s “From Fathoms”). We’ll get this out asap, but we’re still a few months out from it dropping. Look for a formal October release with preorders in September if all goes as planned =)

GIMMESOUND dot com!

Thanks to everyone for the positive responses you’ve sent our way regarding Gimmesound dot com, it means a lot to us that everyone is on board with it! The results for June were pretty overwhelming and we’re off to a great start in July as well. Congrats to Constants for bringing home to most downloads of June, closely followed up by Gifts From Enola =) If you have no clue what we’re talking about, you can download all of our releases for free at a new website called Gimme Sound dot com and the artists are paid royalties from the ad revenue that the website generates. So don’t be a schmuck and download our releases for free while not supporting the artists, do the right thing and suppoort the artists while still ensuring they make money doing what they love!

You can check out our jamz HERE and begin downloading for free =)

DISTRO UPDATE!

Buttloads of new stuff in the DISTRO section of the webstore guys =) Got a large box of goodies from Relapse Records, got a few titles from Square of Opposition, and a few other titles from various awesome peeps.

Some of our personal faves you ask? Well then, lets just take a look here, shall we?:

GODS & QUEENS - untitled (cassette)

Dead Format cassette label puts the untitled Gods & Queens debut to tape. Limited to 200 copies housed in 3” x 6” coin pouches. Hand screened and branded. Thsi release was also put out on CD/vinyl by Robotic Empire (USA) and Adagio830 (Europe). Shit rocks, I’m sure that’s obvious by now =) $4

BARONESS - Red Album 2xLP 180 gram black vinyl

”Savannah, Georgia’s Baroness blow the lid off their cauldron of hall of fame riffs on their first record for Relapse and debut full-length titled Red Album. With a sound built upon a resolute sense of purpose and shaped by hundreds of explosive live shows, Baroness position themselves at the forefront of heavy music with an epic album that is at once powerful, expressive, confident, and commanding. Red Album sees the band expand its sonic vision; colossal riffs and haunting vocals roll like thunder across epic songs spanning both the intense and the sublime. As the Red Album proves, Baroness’ formidable reputation proceeds them for a reason.” $20

MASTODON - The Workhorse Chronicles DVD

”Mastodon’s The Workhorse Chronicles, the band’s first official DVD release, is a first-hand account of the blood, sweat and tears that have gone into making this mammoth band you know today. Go behind the scenes in over three hours of hand-selected footage from the band’s personal video archives. The Workhorse Chronicles contains in-depth interviews with each band member and a career spanning range of live performances - including rare footage of the band in their initial form as a five piece through to sold-out clubs worldwide. The Workhorse Chronicles delves deep into the core of Mastodon, exposing all that is loved and respected about this band.” $12

TOMBS - Winterhours LP 180 gram black vinyl

”Brooklyn’s TOMBS deliver a stunning tour-de-force with their Relapse Records debut Winter Hours. The austere album brings together hypnotic harmonies, lush and introspective sonic textures, and a relentless intensity found in the most blackened metal to stunning effect. Winter Hours hits hard and resonates deeply within the listener.” 400 pressed. $12

DON CABALLERO - Punkgasm 2xLP 180 gram black vinyl

”Don Caballero twists and turns through fourteen new tracks on its brand new album Punkgasm. Punkgasm explodes with all of the bands legendary trademarks and pushes their sound in a host of surprising new directions! Punkgasm is a celebration of Don Caballero at its finest!” 500 pressed. $20

Those are but a few, there’s seriously a bunch of other amazing stuff in the distro from Torche, A Storm of Light, Helms Alee, Black Shape of Nexus, Corrupted, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Burnt By The Sun, Angel Eyes, Growing, Coliseum, Converge, blah Blah BLAH, TONS MORE!!!! Whew.... so it’s better to just head over HERE and take a look yourself, scrolling through a sea of awesomeness =)

And folks, that just about wraps up the July newsletter =)

Lastly we just wanna ask you to tell all of your friends to download the jamzzzz on Gimme Sound, tell all your friends the Caspian preorder is still going strong in The Mylene Webstore, tell all your friends to join The Mylene Message Board and post about music and life and stuff, and tell all your friends you love them because it’s easy to lose touch and it happens before you know it!

Have a spectacular month and please be careful during all of your summer travels. As always if anyone has any questions at all or needs anything, just hit us up - we’ll be there =)

xoxo,

Lindsay & Joel

I dying for those Constants dates to be released. I really hope there's a central VA date. I'd love to go photograph that show.

I can't believe I slept on Gifts From Enola so long. They've played my town tons of times and I've always been busy with other things and not been able to go check them out. I'm definitely going to the Charlottesville show at the end of the current tour. My friend's band is opening for them too.

Still waiting on my Constants preorder. Hopefully it gets here today or tomorrow.

I dying for those Constants dates to be released. I really hope there's a central VA date. I'd love to go photograph that show.

I can't believe I slept on Gifts From Enola so long. They've played my town tons of times and I've always been busy with other things and not been able to go check them out. I'm definitely going to the Charlottesville show at the end of the current tour. My friend's band is opening for them too.

Still waiting on my Constants preorder. Hopefully it gets here today or tomorrow.

gifts of enola.......

gifts of enola.......

what?

JUNIUS - "The Martyrdom of a Catastrophist" 2xLP/CD

Hey gang!

Stepping in here to announce that we'll be releasing the new full length by Boston, MA's JUNIUS entitled "The Martyrdom of a Catastrophist". We've wanted to work with these guys since the humble beginnings of the label, so to finally be able to announce publicly that we are is a pretty amazing feeling =) As usual, we were fans first, but have since then grown to know these guys personally over the past couple years from working with mutual friends. You'd definitely be hard pressed to find a harder working, more dedicated band. Constantly pushing themselves to the next level, both artistically and functionally as a band, Junius believes in what they're doing with all their hearts... and so do we. And it is with that mutual belief in one another that we announce "The Martyrdom of a Catastrophist".

Details below:

"The Martrydom of a Catastrophist"

1. Birth Rites By Torchlight

2. The Antediluvian Fire

3. (turning to the spirits of the hours...)

4. The Dramatist Plays Catastrophist

5. Ten Year Librarian

6. Stargazers And Gravediggers

7 . (...he fell before her)

8. Elishiva, I Love You

9. Letters From Saint Angelica

10. The Mourning Eulogy

PRESS: Solid PR / [email protected]

"The tireless and ever-touring bearded men of Junius are releasing their new record, The Martyrdom of a Catastrophist, this Fall on The Mylene Sheath (North America / UK) and Make My Day Records (Europe). Preparation for the long-awaited album began in 2006, with month-long writing/recording sessions in such unconventional locales as a bank vault in California, a warehouse in Texas, a farmhouse in Vermont, and a shack in the swamps of Louisiana. The result is a full-fledged concept album, inspired by the life and theories of controversial scholar Immanuel Velikovsky.

From birth to death, The Martyrdom of A Catastrophist chronicles a man whose progressive theories on ancient history and the cosmos were widely challenged by mainstream academia during his lifetime. The album's ten songs are both cinematic and accessible, building to crescendos which echo some of Post Rock's most epic moments, but with vocals, hooks, and lyrics creating focus throughout. Actual quotes from Velikovsky's interviews and lectures are interspersed between songs, providing a sense of narrative to the proceedings.

Junius produced The Martyrdom at the legendary A&M Records studios in Hollywood (now known as Henson Recording) over the course of a year, somewhat guerilla-style, during off-hours when the studio wasn't booked (the band has joked that they were bumped out by everyone from Akon to Bruce Springsteen—literally). The album was recorded by Kevin Mills and Tom Syrowski (Weezer, AFI, Incubus) and mastered by Dave Collins (Danny Elfman, Black Sabbath, The Police).

While Junius' sound is sometimes tough to categorize, they have cited such artists as Bedhead (Junius singer/guitarist Joseph E. Martinez's uncle Trini was their drummer), Philip Glass, Hum, and M83 among a long list of inspirations. The band has been electrifying rapt audiences with their spellbinding walls of reverb-drenched guitars, haunting vocals and self-made lights since 2004.

Shortly after releasing their first EP, Forcing Out The Silence, Junius began a tireless touring regimen to fan the flames of an already blazing press. Among its accolades, Disclosure Magazine declared the debut "one of the most engaging Dark Rock albums to come out since Joy Division last graced a stage." Junius toured for over 9 months and played over 200 shows in their first year alone, embracing a DIY ethic which remains at the core of the band's ideology.

Both the debut EP and its 2006 follow-up, Blood Is Bright (later released as a self-titled full-length), were recorded by Will Benoit (of Constants), and mastered by Nick Zampiello (Isis, Converge, Torche). Hailed as a “darkly lush epic” by Alternative Press and “genius” by The Big Takeover, Junius’ work is borne of experiments in isolation and asceticism. It’s this austere approach from one of America's hardest working bands that adds a weighty sense of purpose and intrigue to their output.

2009 finds the members of Junius as tenacious as ever, continually touring Europe and North America (recently sharing stages with the likes of Pelican, Mare, Tombs, Wolves In The Throne Room, and Irepress, among others), headlining festivals, lending music to a series of short films by director Mary Lambert (Pet Semetary), and, of course, finally seeing the release of their new album."

The preorder for this is TBA as well as vinyl pressing information and layout details. We'll update everyone with that info as it confirms =) In the meantime you can head over to our page to hear "Stargazers & Gravediggers" from the album or head over to the JUNIUS MYSPACE PAGE to hear "Stargazers And Gravdiggers" and "The Dramatist Plays Catastrophist". If anyone has any questions, please get in touch =) If anyone has any press inquiries please contact [email protected]. Thanks guys! Preorder info coming sooooon!!!

xoxo,

Lindsay & Joel

definitely will buy the new junius. celebdeath do you know if they plan to release the new if these trees could talk before junius?

at this stage, Trees will come after Junius. I will update as soon as any further info is received.

like you, i'm really stoked about this release. the art looks amazing too!

Get a snap at it here and whilst here, sign up to the board! Wooh hooh!!

• 3 weeks later...

Just a couple of awesome Denovali releases just in!

AUDREY - The Fierce and the Longing clear yellow vinyl, limited to 250

European import from our friends over in Germany, Denovali Records. Reverse board jackets, thick, printed innersleeves, such an awesome band.... and label!

"Melancholy softness gracefully meets cold ruggedness on Audrey's second album. The all-female, Swedish four-piece delivers an almost sinister performance in the midst of a charming lounge-rock atmosphere. Dark electric guitars and ominous vocals lead the jazzy pop quartet through the chilling, but magnetic The Fierce and the Longing...."

Price: $14.00

JENIFEREVER - Spring Tides 2xLP black vinyl, limited to 150

Another amazing release put out by Germany's Denovali Records. Limited to just 150 on black vinyl, only have a few so act fast!

"Some have compared their sound to the physical beauty of their native country, with its aural landscapes of slow-paced melodies which build to orchestral-like climaxes...."

Price: $20.00

SCRAPS OF TAPE - Grand Letdown 2xLP black vinyl, limited to 260

The highly anticipated album by Scraps of Tape, German import. Split release by Denovali Records and Tenderversion Recordings.

"Scraps Of Tape's third record Grand Letdown is filled with music that might speak to a bigger audience, but not for the sake of compromise..."

JENIFEREVER - Choose a Bright Morning 2xLP black vinyl, limited to 150

Beautifully illustrated artwork in a heavy gatefold jacket. Bright, vibrant colors span the jacket and you can almost feel yourself being whisked away to a far away land. What? No, seriously, this is gorgeous!

"Choose a Bright Morning will reveal itself as an album filled with rewards...."

Check em here