THE POST YOUR MUSIC GEAR THREAD (w/pics)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think I have any pics online, but here's what I have...

Guitars:

1998 Fender American Deluxe Strat (Transparent Crimson, rosewood neck, all single coil noiseless pickups)

Epiphone Les Paul Anniversary Edition (All electronics swapped out with gibson; pickups: SD Jazz in the neck and a 59' in the bridge)

1988 Westone Spectrum II Anniversary Edition (Bone White, Rosewood Neck, SD JB in the bridge w/ coil splitter, emg single coils)

1997 fender electric acoustic

Amp:

Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 60

Cab:

Marshall 1960AV

Pedalboard:

Green Big Muff > Loooper (inside the loop: boss tu-2 > EH Small Clone > Boss dd-3)

Wish I had pics

I will post a pic later maybe

But I have:

05 Gibson SG standard

97 Squier protone strat

60s piece of shit harmony acoustic

Squier vintage modified jazz bass (surprisingly nice for the price)

Marshall 1959 slp reissue

Marshall 1960ax, both of the above are '98, no chinese bullshit celestions

Fender hot rod deluxe, emerald edition with a v30 and green tolex

Epiphone valve junior as a bass amp, apparently the head is $130 now, i wouldnt pay a cent over the $99 i did

various pedals, favorites include tonebone hot british and a ds-1 i modded the hell out of

The marshall head and cab are for sale, i dont give much a shit about guitar gear anymore

Here we go...pics below...

Yes, I do "collect" Acoustic gear. I fell in love with a 370/406 combo about 5-6 years ago, bought it, and have been hooked since. I still wouldn't mind an Ampeg SVT rig like the one posted above...that or a Porta-Flex. 8-)

Basses:

- 1974 Fender Jazz Bass (black with EMGs)

- 1975 Fender Jazz Bass (stripped finish with DiMarzios)

- Sam Ash Upright Bass (trying to get my jazz shops down)

- Ibanez Stagestar P-Bass copy (black...my 1st bass)

Amps/Cabs:

- Acoustic 370 Bass Amp (4 of em, 2 are in need of repair now)

- Acoustic 360 Bass Pre-Amp (has the greatest bass fuzz ever)

- Acoustic 150 Guitar Amp (current gig rig along with a Yamaha 1x15 PA speaker...I don't want to kill another 370 just yet)

- Acoustic 850 8-Channel PA Mixer (my keys player is using this as his current rig)

- Acoustic 300 Slave Amp (used with the 360 pre-amp)

- Acoustic 402 2x15 cab

- Acoustic 406 2x15 cab

- Acoustic 301 1x18 cab (2 of 'em, both speakers need repair, but I got them with the matching 370 heads for $400...see small pic)

- Acoustic ??? 2x15 cab (bought with 150 amp...the previous owner must have modified it so that it is nearly impossible to research, but it is likely a late 60's era cab)

Effects:

- Roland RE-150 Space Echo 8-)

- Roland RE-20 Space Echo

- Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay

- Maestro PS1A Phase Shifter

- Ebow

- Boss TU-2 Tuner

The following are for sale if anyone is interested...make me an offer ;D

- Boss OC-3 Super Octave

- Boss OBD-3 Bass Overdrive

- Dunlop 105Q Bass Wah

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Fun Fact : I bought a Sovtek Mig 100h for $299 brand new about 10 years ago.

i don't have an H. i want one though.. i just have a regular old mig 100... :( not nearly as hi gain as i want it to be, but it has good tone and takes pedals well so..

I always wondered how much more high gain the H version was. I'd bet not much.

i don't have an H. i want one though.. i just have a regular old mig 100... :( not nearly as hi gain as i want it to be, but it has good tone and takes pedals well so..

I actually finally plugged in a les paul into it and holy shit, the thing sounded so different than my sg. i think i need a heavier (in weight) guitar, but i really like my sg.. so i have to get a high gain distortion bridge pickup and take out my burstbucker. i do get nice tones out of my guitar and every note rings, but it just doesn't give off enough distortion.

Guest duhpunk

PRS SE Custom (w/ Seymour Duncan Invader)

Gibson Les Paul Custom 1957 re-issue black beauty

Ibanez RG370DX

Crate GT500

Digitech Screamin Blues, Bad Monkey, Hot Rod, Chorus Factory, GNX3

I actually finally plugged in a les paul into it and holy shit, the thing sounded so different than my sg. i think i need a heavier (in weight) guitar, but i really like my sg.. so i have to get a high gain distortion bridge pickup and take out my burstbucker. i do get nice tones out of my guitar and every note rings, but it just doesn't give off enough distortion.

Perhaps your LP has higher output pickups than your SG?

I used to have an SG Standard that I sold. I always felt like I was going to break the neck off it when I was playing with my band.

I used to have an SG Standard that I sold. I always felt like I was going to break the neck off it when I was playing with my band.

na, we both had 490t's in our bridge. I replaced mine with a burstbucker pro hot wound bridge and kept a 490r in the neck. THe burstbucker still doesn't have that mmmffff that i want. the tone is excellent and the notes ring clearer than the 490t that i had, but it doesn't give off enough distortion. I finally talked to a friend and he said i was retarded for getting a burstbucker if i wanted more distortion even if it was hot wound because the most they get is about 10k. So he said next time i go to corpus he'll put in a seymour duncan in it and make it ring and sound good. BUt he said if i want to play metal and don't want that cruddy line 6 processed sound (no offense to anyone) then i should get a heavier weight guitar with good pickups and a 500k pot switches so they are loud as fuck.. SO i bought a standard LP. But i don't plan on using it for the metal band im in though. i love my sg, but i just need to fix it a bit.

Holy crap, googlemyass that is one hot setup. Drooling over your Orange cab.

I use a black Gibson Les Paul Standard and a Tele '72 Thinline through Fender Twin Reverb, with an Ibanez Tubescreamer overdrive, and Boss DD-3 delay.

Will post pics when I'm on my PC. Want to add a Big Muff to my setup but it's kinda pointless seeing my band is on 'indefinite hiatus' (read: unofficially defunct)

na, we both had 490t's in our bridge. I replaced mine with a burstbucker pro hot wound bridge and kept a 490r in the neck. THe burstbucker still doesn't have that mmmffff that i want. the tone is excellent and the notes ring clearer than the 490t that i had, but it doesn't give off enough distortion. I finally talked to a friend and he said i was retarded for getting a burstbucker if i wanted more distortion even if it was hot wound because the most they get is about 10k. So he said next time i go to corpus he'll put in a seymour duncan in it and make it ring and sound good. BUt he said if i want to play metal and don't want that cruddy line 6 processed sound (no offense to anyone) then i should get a heavier weight guitar with good pickups and a 500k pot switches so they are loud as fuck.. SO i bought a standard LP. But i don't plan on using it for the metal band im in though. i love my sg, but i just need to fix it a bit.

What kind of amp are you using? I've had Bursterbuckers in guitars before and they sounded pretty good (at least better than the 490s that used to be the stock pickup in all Gibson guitars).

Right now I have a WCR pickup in the bridge (it's be soon long since I put them in I don't remember which model! haha...). It's a similar pickup to the Burstbucker (ie - lower output PAF style). Really, high output pickups are unnecessary with the amount of preamp gain modern amps have. I'm not sure what kind of amp you have.