BNO - Broken Bones LP

We're repressing the LP so that it can get fully distributed. We have some of the first pressing left, but not a ton.

Anyhow, the plan was to do 2 colors and black all on 180g vinyl. Apparently United won't do colored 180g vinyl so that's out. I think the new plan is 300 on 180g black, 100 on baby blue (there are 400 covers left) standard weight.

Chris - if you're reading this, and anyone else, sound good?

And, the 100 baby blue ones will be eBay exclusive, and we'll sell them one at a time, once every 2 weeks for a year.

just kidding about that last part.

To answer the questions:

*sewbro - yes, I will definitely send you the extra cover. I tried emailing you to say that I forgot but you never replied. If you want, just email me at [email protected] with your address again and I'll send out just the cover for you. Maybe I'll even throw in a different LP for you to listen to as well.

*I'd love to press their other albums. I've been asking the band about it (and they've wanted me to put them out) since Make Yourself Sick, but Ferret didn't want to do it. We thought we were close to lining them up but Ferret decided they wanted more money (and then when we offered more money still decided not to let us do them) and then signed that exclusive contract with VC. So you guys know who to ask about the other albums;)

*mike - we didn't end up with that many extra covers - the place who did the covers made way too big of an order on the paper for some reason, so they said they'd give it to us ultra-cheap if we wanted to just use the rest of the paper - if we combine what we had left from the first press with what we'd get from the rest of the paper they have, we could do 400 more copies, hence the pressing number. The 180g minimum order is 300, and I figure there's probably 100 people who want to sell another colored copy on eBay. Honestly, this will probably never get repressed after this and these should last us a while, I think.

*the reason we're doing this now and not waiting is pretty simple....the pressing plant will be throwing the plates and leftover labels away in a few months. The cover people don't want to sit on all that paper any longer (it has been like 10 months already) so they want to move on it soon. Even though we still have some first press left, this way we can really try to get it in stores (we were pretty lazy about if before since so many were sold via mailorder and from the band themselves) and whatnot.

Eh, I think I'd rather as many people who really want the record as possible get it at the regular, reasonable price. I'm sure there will be plenty of flippers and traders or whatever, but we'll limit it to 1 per person. Maybe we should make it package deals only, so you can only get it if you get the 180g version as well.....although I don't think the labels are gonna have enough 180g copies to do that. Haha.

think about it black and with yellow splatter for trainwreck, clear with light blue splatter for make yourself sick, pink with black "smoke" for the s/t. possibilities are endless and they could all match the album art. so ya, virgil, if you do this, you can go ahead and ship me like one of each color when you get them since i just made you like a brief case full of money, dont worry though. i will pay shipping. ;)

i didnt quote you cuz i am an idiot but to the post by mrc....

im iffy on it, splatters that is. an example of shit pressing: album art that is red and secondly blue. if you have a splatter that is like green with a black record, you are either color blind or not trying to sell records. im in it for the music, dont get me wrong, but the collector and artsy side of me likes pretty colors done right. plain black is cool too. if you were in it just to have the record, then just get the record, there is always that basic color thats pressed that you can get with any release.