Good Bachelors Degrees

I'm currently working towards a Business and Information technology degree... although it seems to be mostly bullshit classes with a terrible post grad job outlook...

I'm thinking of changing to working towards and Economics degree with concentration in Finance... Financial advisors and appraisers seem to make a pretty penny and the job outlook isn't too bad.

Your opinion?

I have an Economics degree from Syracuse Univ, but I'm a social studies teacher instead of making the big bucks. There's thousands of options in anything finance or economics, but really, if you sell yourself right, any degree is good enough for most jobs.

not for what i want to do! curating a museum requires a phd in art history (most of the time...masters definitely though) and knowledge of at least a few languages.

i'll probably end up teaching too, which i am fine with.

and thomas, i am fucking miserable at math. it just doesn't click in my head for some reason. languages, english and history i am an all-star at but anything else i suck.

Well, I can see that. I know if you are good at math and science, you are not usually good at English and history type classes and vice-versa. I know my brain is geared towards math, which has always been easy for me even though I'm really lazy with it, but english type stuff has never been my strong suite. Good thing I'm wasting my brain doing computer stuff instead of math :(.

A Bachelors of arts in economics is useless right? Bachelor of science is the one I want?

b.s. is definitely better, but I don't think b.a. is useless. I'm actually a Managerial economics major which is under Agricultural science and harder than just econ and therefore a BS, but the econ major at my school (which I don't think is anywhere near being useless) is a B.A.

Honestly all Econ degrees should be a B.A. Economics is the study of how people make business decisions, which is an art -not a science.

I just graduated with a B.A. in Econ with a math minor, I am happy I was able to get a

job. A little factory like but hopefully I can move up quickly.

But in all honesty I feel that a non specialized degree is good enough for most/all entry level jobs.

Just get into the company any way possible

you'll need to take calculus

Which is really easy. I can't see why people think it sucks so much, granted I've only taken Calc 1.

If you can handle calc 1, the next two classes aren't impossible, just more challenging, but they all build on the previous class...including pre-calc (algebra and trig). Differential equations utilize most of the skills you learn in the first two semesters, so it's not too crazy. In fact, I personally found calc 3 to be a tad easier than calc 2, mostly because you aren't doing anything too new...multi-variable differentiation/integration is manageable.

I am an electrical engineering student, so be lucky you don't have to take circuits and all that jazz...talk about fun! ;D

Calc II was easy for me. It was the Economic Statistics courses I had to take which sucked. I can't do statistics.

i aced AP stats in high school and got a 5 on the exam, but i was absolutely terrible at calulus and dropped it after a marking period, haha.

statistics is really just an analytical and interperative writing class disguised as math.