sometimes

i found out yesterday that my ex has dated at least 4 girls since we broke up 3 months ago.

his latest fling that he broke up with friday and was dating someone else by saturday called me yesterday to commiserate i guess because he lied to her and screwed her over too. but seriously? i did not need to know these things. especially when she went into detail about sleeping with him.

also sidenote, my buddy has been trying to get me to hook up with the local "woman of ill repute" for a couple weeks. its like dude, no. why get involved with someone who doesn't honestly give a shit about me. sleeps with the 77001-77385 zip codes. not to mention the numerous amount of weird STDs i'd be privy to.

maybe having morals and standards is why i haven't had a relatonship in half a decade.

what the fuck man.

...i feel like a freak for having morals.

that's so backwards.

this might help. Such a great qoute:

"That time in my life is like a binge in my memory. The kind of symptomatic mess where you can only take in so much of other people's anti-values before you grow lumps of cancerous behavior or you explode with craziness"- Mary Christmas/ The Girl at The Bike Shop: A Tale of Biceps Bitterness and Grease

you are.

i kinda figured that would be the response of most people on here.

if it makes you feel any better I've got morals and standards as well and also consider myself a freak for it. most of the rest of the world lives by singular code of selfishness. those who don't just follow their own desires are the minority kiddo. hearing about ex's fucking isn't fun. a personal favorite from my past was "i got so wet i thought the condom broke." that was from an ex coming clean to me about sleeping with a dude when we took a week long break to sort our minds out after a big fight. i did not get back with that loon.

i found out yesterday that my ex has dated at least 4 girls since we broke up 3 months ago.

his latest fling that he broke up with friday and was dating someone else by saturday called me yesterday to commiserate i guess because he lied to her and screwed her over too. but seriously? i did not need to know these things. especially when she went into detail about sleeping with him.

I don't get how him dating 4 girls in 3 months means he has no morals?

He killed them all.

I went through this as well. It's the need to feel that you HAVE to be with somebody when you can't even maintain a prior relationship or anything that you question yourself. That is not a value for some people.

he lied about dating all of them, cheated on at least one of them, and all the while was still telling me he loved me and wanted to get back together with me.

he lied about dating all of them, cheated on at least one of them, and all the while was still telling me he loved me and wanted to get back together with me.

You have to distance yourself from ex's or you're destined to feel like crap for longer than you should.

totally still roundhouse kick to the head worthy.

or this.

[image]

You have to distance yourself from ex's or you're destined to feel like crap for longer than you should.

the only reason i'm still in contact with him is because he owes me money. i'm prolly just going to get in touch with his parents and see if they will pay me, then he can just owe them.

Being a decent person with morals and values takes a lot of work. I, too, often feel crazy for it, and there are things even some of my closest friends don't understand. I think half the challenge of being a good person comes from not giving in when everyone around you seems to be so comfortable being a value-less asshole. It's a challenge to not got so bitter that you quit being kind. However, maintaining your values and morals in the face of society is something you will always be proud of in the end.

I went through this as well. It's the need to feel that you HAVE to be with somebody when you can't even maintain a prior relationship or anything that you question yourself. That is not a value for some people.

I don't see how dating multiple girls means you have no morals? I know plenty of people who do this, and it doesnt make them any less of a person. maybe some people just don't want to be in a relationship? I guess that means you have no morals though...

that sucks, you know what would really piss him off? if you started dating someone else.

"i got so wet i thought the condom broke."

That's pretty hot.

Hahaha!

Just playing devil's advocate; just because this ex of yours has been having "flings" doesn't mean he doesn't love you or that his desire to get back together is disingenuous. Nor does it mean he lacks morals (it just means he has different morals than you). There are other actions of his that you've described that are far more indicative of the quality of his person…

[somewhat related thoughts:] Sexual activity is always a lightening rod of social and personal value systems. Largely, we are sold on the Judeo-Christian value that sex must happen within the construct of a "relationship" and anyone who engages in sex without is a "slut", someone not to be trusted, etc. Thus, sexual activity is still largely taboo. And that leads to a lot things that are easily avoidable.

I think it's unfortunate that sex is still treated as suspect. Sex has nothing to do with love or relationships and vice versa. It's ironic that some VC men will think this dude's a scumbag, but posting/looking at photos of women that are objectifying or exploitative is just fine. People can't have it both ways…

I don't see how dating multiple girls means you have no morals? I know plenty of people who do this, and it doesnt make them any less of a person. maybe some people just don't want to be in a relationship? I guess that means you have no morals though...

dating a lot of people doesnt mean you have no morals; but sneaking around behind their backs, denying dating them when you actually are (or you lead them to believe that you are), and inviting other girls over to your girlfriends place when shes not there, then dumping her for the other girl is pretty immoral.

or at least jerky, lol.