Suburban Home announces Tim Barry/Frank Turner 7"

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

Suburban Home Records in conjunction with Epitaph Records are excited to announce the split 7" between Richmond, Virginia's Tim Barry and London, England's Frank Turner. Both Tim and Frank have new albums coming out this fall and this split 7" will serve as singles from both artists. Tim Barry contributes "Thing of the Past" and Frank Turner contributes an acoustic version of "Try This At Home". "Thing of the Past" is the first single from Tim's upcoming album (more details on Tim's upcoming album will soon be announced). "Try This At Home" is the first single form Frank's upcoming new album, "Poetry of the Deed" due out in September 2009.

The 7" will be pressed in an edition of 2,500 copies (500 on black vinyl (VC Exclusive), 1,000 on Blue vinyl, and 1,000 on Red vinyl (besides a handful of sets of all 3 colors, you will only be able to get the Red vinyl from Tim Barry, Frank Turner, or Epitaph. The 7" will come with an mp3 download coupon. There will be a test pressing contest that you can enter when you pre-order the 7". The 7"s will be available by this year's Revival Tour (October 13th, 2009).

The Pre-order for this split 7" will commence on Friday, August 14th at 2pm MST.

Guest markovianprocess

Why is it that Frank can't just dish up an exclusive song for anything? I mean the Austin Lucas split song was also on another 7'', The Real Damage has been on about FIVE different releases (Reuben split, Campfire vinyl, Sleep Is For, First Three Years AND Real Damage CD EP) and he has put Reasons Not To Be An Idiot on at least 3 releases (Fighting With Wire split, Reasons numbered single, 2nd album) as well.

I love him dearly, but he is the master of recycling material.

EDIT: Found another release Real Damage was on. Fuck sake Frank!

Why is it that Frank can't just dish up an exclusive song for anything? I mean the Austin Lucas split song was also on another 7'', The Real Damage has been on about FIVE different releases (Reuben split, Campfire vinyl, Sleep Is For, First Three Years AND Real Damage CD EP) and he has put Reasons Not To Be An Idiot on at least 3 releases (Fighting With Wire split, Reasons numbered single, 2nd album) as well.

I agree dude, it would me nice for an exclusive every now and then, especially on the UTI split. I thought that was the point of the series.

yeah, we had hoped for an exclusive track for the UTI. Note though that this split 7" serves as a single so that is why it is a track from the album (although it is a different version than what will be on the album).

I agree dude, it would me nice for an exclusive every now and then, especially on the UTI split. I thought that was the point of the series.

was there a price break at 2500 pieces?

it is more cost effective, but epitaph is asking for a good deal of the copies for the deal.

and justin, the song from Tim is from Tim's upcoming album; there are only gonna be slight differences. Note everyone that this split is meant to be singles for both artists. We want everyone to be excited about the albums coming out.

Guest tropicalparadox

Gotta work all day Friday. I'll be bringing my computer to work in the hopes that somewhere in that awful mall there is wireless and that I'll be on break come 3 PM.