WTF??!! NH Obama Protester w/ GUN??

Police are letting this dude stay protesting with a fucking hand gun strapped to his leg because New Hampshire law allows him to carry it because it isn't concealed. How the fuck can the Chief of Police think that is safe, especially given how out of hand these protests have been getting???

This is a town hall meeting that Obama is going to be at later this afternoon.

Wow.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then when Obama shows up and the Secret Service tell the man he can't have his pistol; the guy will try to make a court case out of it saying it's a violation of the second amendment.

Yeah...It'd save everyone a lot of time if they just shot him instead.

I'm all for freedom of speech and rights and shit but having a gun at a protest isn't a freedom of speech it's a threat.

Then when Obama shows up and the Secret Service tell the man he can't have his pistol; the guy will try to make a court case out of it saying it's a violation of the second amendment.

Yeah...It'd save everyone a lot of time if they just shot him instead.

I'm all for freedom of speech and rights and shit but having a gun at a protest isn't a freedom of speech it's a threat.

Exactly. That guy is just wearing it to make himself more intimidating.

I just saw another shot of him on MSNBC - weird, he has one of those concealed earbuds that news anchors/Secret Service/police wear. I wonder if he is an agent provocateur?

I can't fucking believe anyone out there wants to maintain status quo. Who are these animals who thing this is acceptable? I have health care, I'm covered I'm not worried but I know it's a god damn problem. To say, "it's the illegals, it's people who don't want health care" it's fucking stupid. "You have awakened the sleeping giant"?! Apparently the sleeping giant is millions of uninformed, ignorant Americans who do nothing but respond to stupid buzz words. "I DON"T WANT NO RUSSIA!" FUAvck I hate america!

Specter handled about that as poorly as possible though.

I can't fucking believe anyone out there wants to maintain status quo. Who are these animals who thing this is acceptable? I have health care, I'm covered I'm not worried but I know it's a god damn problem. To say, "it's the illegals, it's people who don't want health care" it's fucking stupid. "You have awakened the sleeping giant"?! Apparently the sleeping giant is millions of uninformed, ignorant Americans who do nothing but respond to stupid buzz words. "I DON"T WANT NO RUSSIA!" FUAvck I hate america!

Specter handled about that as poorly as possible though.

Its incited by assholes like Beck, Limbaugh, Palin, and O'Reilly. They don't have answers so they just start shit to quash the debate and then talk about how Un-American everyone is for saying their methods are rubbish. I mean you have Rush out their comparing the House Democrats to Nazis and the symbol for Obama-Care to the ornate Swastikas of Hitler. It doesn't get much worse than that asshole who, with a wide smile, hung a House Democrat in effigy outside his office.

This health care "debate" is inane. Not sure why any everyman would defend the rights of health care companies to fuck them.

I heard a sound byte of some little old lady complaining about all this health care reform stuff. Went something like:

I don't want no government funded health care. And don't touch my Medicare.

This statement should give some illumination to your question.

This health care "debate" is inane. Not sure why any everyman would defend the rights of health care companies to fuck them.

I heard a sound byte of some little old lady complaining about all this health care reform stuff. Went something like:

I don't want no government funded health care. And don't touch my Medicare.

This statement should give some illumination to your question.

The even funnier part is EVERY senator and rep has government run health-care. Along with all the troops. Bill Kristol described the troops' health care as the best in the country but then went on the say the general public shouldn't have the same level of care, they don't need it. It was a great exchange on the Daily Show.

This is exactly what killed Clinton's idea for health care (not saying it was good or bad). He tried to open it up and let everyone look at it and understand. The problem is American's are so stupid and fearful of anything new that they never seek to understand, they just seek to keep things the same. Obama had the right idea by trying to keep this a government issue and not one for the people. the more you let American's get involved with their own lives the more the fuck it up.

That's some hyperbole but I just can't take it anymore.

i've been more concerned lately with PA actually passing a budget so I get paid, now with furloughs, so i haven't been paying NEARLY enough attention to this as i should have been.

what exactly is obama proposing, in as much of a nutshell as possible?

Reforms to reign in health care costs, streamline the process to cut costs, offer insurance to people who don't have it, and close as many ridiculous loopholes (like pre-existing conditions causing problems) as possible.

i don't even want to know who would be opposed to that or why.

i was just curious because my mom was ranting the other day about obama not keeping his campaign promises about the health care thing, but that sounds more or less like what he was proposing all along.

one problem is that people are selfish and worry that if they have health care now, offering it on a much broader basis will somehow diminish their quality of care. i.e. they don't want a change for the greater good because they have it good already.

jerks.

Reforms to reign in health care costs, streamline the process to cut costs, offer insurance to people who don't have it, and close as many ridiculous loopholes (like pre-existing conditions causing problems) as possible.

Fucking blasphemy, all of it!! Goddamn Obama is a card carrying communist!! Lynch that sonofabitch!!!!

I stopped reading the thread, but it's tough here in Buffalo to not see the downside of government-run healthcare. Our hospitals and doctors, especially the cancer hospital, see a large number of Canadians fleeing from their flooded hospitals. Doctors cut-off patient lists because they're so overwhelmed. The problem is that there is a doctor shortage, but that's because the government doesn't pay enough to be a doctor. That's where a free(-ish) market would help, but it's government controlled.

The first tenant of Obama-Care is, if you like your health care plan, keep it.

If Small Business is the life-blood of this country, which I believe it is, you have to fix health care so those businesses can offer competitive plans and can get health care for their employees.

Also, we already, as a country pay for the uninsured. We do it by seeing our health care costs rise and by paying taxes to public hospitals where the uninsured seek emergency care when they are ill.

Health care costs in the US will bankrupt the country if changes aren't made. That's pretty cut-and-dry. Its also pretty cut-and-dry the current health insurers do everything they can to turn a profit. They override doctors and cast things like pregnancies as pre-existing conditions via legalese in their contracts. All this tom-foolery with coverage needs to end.