New Anti-Flag LP (pics)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really liked For Blood and Empire. Really strong in my opinion. the new one just sounds like too much for them. A lot of the songs try to go in too many directions and they just end up being hard to listen to. Plus the production is horrible.

You've got to give them credit for trying different things though and not trying to put out the same album they did last time. Especially since the last album was sooooo good.

I really liked For Blood and Empire. Really strong in my opinion. the new one just sounds like too much for them. A lot of the songs try to go in too many directions and they just end up being hard to listen to. Plus the production is horrible.

You've got to give them credit for trying different things though and not trying to put out the same album they did last time. Especially since the last album was sooooo good.

oh for sure. There's a few songs that I really like. Even the songs I'm not that into have really good parts. I just think as a whole the record isn't all that great. It could just be that I'm a huge Anti-Flag fan and I got over excited for the record. Like I said, I'm still going to get it and it'll probably grow on me.

I love it when certain bands try to grow and expand their sound and chart new waters as it were. But Anti-Flag? Not one of those bands. When I pick up an Anti-Flag release, I want it to be the same. I want them to stick to their formula that worked so well for quite some time. Don't get me wrong, I don't think this for all bands, but personally I would love it if Anti-Flag just stayed stagnant.

minty

you do know that they are an anarchy band. thats there goal, to spread the idea of anarchy and "preach" there ideas. just like any other band with a cause

When I go see a band live, I go to see them play songs. I don't go for a 20 minute hate-speech about the president of a country I don't even live in.

minty

you do know that they are an anarchy band. thats there goal, to spread the idea of anarchy and "preach" there ideas. just like any other band with a cause

When I go see a band live, I go to see them play songs. I don't go for a 20 minute hate-speech about the president of a country I don't even live in.

Agreed. Anti-flag preaches way too much. Their music force feeds their message enough as it is. I just want to hear them play their songs.