Going to Fest but NOT staying at the Holiday Inn

kyle

There's people that want to spend $180 a night on a hotel room... and there's everybody else. Plus, the Holiday Inn is BOOKED SOLID, so it's not even a choice at this point.

Where's everyone else staying? Was gonna do Paramount but it's too far. Thinking about Rush Lake but I'm not sure what other options there are closer to the action. I like Rush Lake because there are typically a lot of other Festers staying there so it's good for meeting other people, whereas staying at some other random hotel might be filled with "regular" people.

There's people that want to spend $180 a night on a hotel room... and there's everybody else.

Where's everyone else staying? Was gonna do Paramount but it's too far. Thinking about Rush Lake but I'm not sure what other options there are closer to the action. I like Rush Lake because there are typically a lot of other Festers staying there so it's good for meeting other people, whereas staying at some other random hotel might be filled with "regular" people.

Since Im going for work, they booked all the travel and hotel so I dont know much about it but this is the place Im staying....Ive heard its not too far away.

COMFORT INN UNIVERS (COMFORT INN)

COMFORT INN UNIVERS 2435 S WEST 13TH ST GAINESVILLE FL 32608

it's an annoying convenience fee...and split the cost up between 2-5 people makes it affordable.

instead of taking a cab to and from some remote hotel...it's a necessary evil at this point.

Well, the Holiday Inn is all booked up anyways, so it's a moot point. Now I just need to figure out where to stay.

If you don't have a car, I highly recommend staying at the Holiday Inn if at all possible. If you have a car, but no DD, I highly recommend staying at the Holiday Inn.

I can't remember where I stayed last year, it was like a 15-20 minute walk from all the fun, but it wasn't as awesome as staying at the Inn.

There's people that want to spend $180 a night on a hotel room... and there's everybody else.

Since Im going for work, they booked all the travel and hotel so I dont know much about it but this is the place Im staying....Ive heard its not too far away.

COMFORT INN UNIVERS (COMFORT INN)

COMFORT INN UNIVERS 2435 S WEST 13TH ST GAINESVILLE FL 32608

I stayed there last year. Its not a bad place at all. A bit of a trek but we walked it a couple of times a day. I would definitely recommend it, it is considerably cheaper and you get free breakfast if you can get up in time. There is another place next door called the Days Inn as well.

If you don't have a car, I highly recommend staying at the Holiday Inn if at all possible. If you have a car, but no DD, I highly recommend staying at the Holiday Inn.

I can't remember where I stayed last year, it was like a 15-20 minute walk from all the fun, but it wasn't as awesome as staying at the Inn.

Are you coming down again this year, dude?

Are you coming down again this year, dude?

Can't afford it :(

i thought there was a big show at UF last year or the year before? minus the bear? or something memory rings bells?

whatever doods, i'm banging non doods in their FROSHMAN rooms, BAM!!!!!!!!!

yeah but it wasn't technically part of Fest...it was just happening at the same time so they put it in the flyer to encourage people to go there too.