Disney to buy Marvel.

i don't think you'll really see a big difference in how marvel is run. marvel max will still be around. you'll just see some disney comics carrying the marvel brand, and i'm sure their biggest motivation is being able to brand the marvel movies with the disney logo. movies bring in more money than comics by far.

goodbye to any possible r-rated movies.

can't wait for the Young X-Men movie where they're all in high school.

Zack Effron plays wolverine.

First off, the chances of any r-rated Marvel super-hero movies outside of Blade and Punisher were slim to none anyway.

Secondly, you must be forgetting that Disney also owns Miramax. The studio that brought us Reservoir Dogs, Trainspotting, The Crow, Clerks, Dogma, Kill Bill, No Country For Old Men, and a list of other great r-rated movies. Disney is not afraid of making money off an r-rated movie.

depends on if they plan on slapping the Disney name on it.

if they continue to let them just have the marvel branding, then we wont notice much of a change. we'll still get the miramax type stuff. but if it turns into Disney presents a marvel studios production, then we'll probably see a shift in tone to the movies. they'd never put the Disney name on anything that isnt family friendly.

hopefully it doesn't end up like the dc movies under warner. DC can't even get movies made because of all the corporate bs.

I have a distinct feeling Disney bought Marvel with the distinct desire to churn out movies.

Why would Marvel see this as a good thing? Sure, 4 Billion dollars is an unfathomable amount of cash, but no not own the rights to any of your work anymore? Seriously?

Cause Stan Lee is older and wanted to cash out on an amount of money he had no hope of making elsewhere.

Why would Marvel see this as a good thing? Sure, 4 Billion dollars is an unfathomable amount of cash, but no not own the rights to any of your work anymore? Seriously?

Marvel went bankrupt in the late 90's. They now have the financial backing of Disney so they won't have to worry about that happening again. Disney also has a good track record of being hands off with companies they have bought (Pixar, ESPN, Miramax). Marvel still has the rights to their work, they are just owned by a larger company now instead of being publically traded, the same way Warner Bros owns DC. They will still be reprinting the same stories and you will still see "created by Stan Lee" at the beginning of every movie.

I honestly don't see a downside to this from Marvel's perspective.