Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

cesar11

my friend said it freed up 30gb on his parents imac and 10gb on his macbook pro. i have it i just need to install it. im just waiting to install cs4 so i actually have a functioning version of photoshop first cuz cs2 wont work, apparently.

That's pretty much where I'm at too.

i curse adobe and steve jobs.

a $29 upgrade is now costing me either $500 for the suite (with my sis's educational discount) or hours of frustration trying to find a serial key that works. probably the former of the two, sadly.

To somewhat answer OP question, I have a bartender who just upgraded from Tiger to Snow Leopard for the $29 price.

I have not upgraded yet, as I hear it is mostly back end stuff. I will, just in no rush to.

Their website makes it sound like you need to buy the whole box set to upgrade from Tiger, which really wouldn't make sense. If I can upgrade for the $29 price I'll likely do it this week, and will also need to switch to CS4 it seems.

Mine "free'd up" about 10GB. But apparently it's not actually freeing up any room, they've just changed the way the OS calculates disk space. It's more accurate now.

Its actually less accurate. They moved from binary math to base-10. Either way they did actually free up space by freeing apps of entire branches of code allowing for functionality with both the Intel and PowerPC architecture.

If you're worried about your Apps not working, check this out:

http://snowleopard.wikidot.com/

To somewhat answer OP question, I have a bartender who just upgraded from Tiger to Snow Leopard for the $29 price.

I have not upgraded yet, as I hear it is mostly back end stuff. I will, just in no rush to.

Their website makes it sound like you need to buy the whole box set to upgrade from Tiger, which really wouldn't make sense. If I can upgrade for the $29 price I'll likely do it this week, and will also need to switch to CS4 it seems.

I was able to install it on an fully wiped hard disc. Also if you have older versions of major apps like photoshop, snow leopard is not worth the price it would cost to be fully compatible. At least yet.