9/2 - NEVER FORGET!

J. Tate is a douche... and everyone outside (and inside) his community knows that.

outside definitely, inside not so much. some of those losers will defend him to their graves. they worship him and the ground he walks on, and he relishes in it. they take whatever he says as the gospel. some people over there don't like him, but they don't want to admit it or call him out on anything because it's blasphemous. they're afraid they will get banned.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside of my rant about Tate and Grabelle (I was somewhat drunk on that one), I am finding this whole drama more and more silly the more thought I give it.

It all came down to Tate not "approving" of Scott's review of the album. Was there a momentary lapse of reason in Tate's mind? I guess he forgot that 99.9% of the time, reviews are subjective. Each reviewer brings to the table their own perspective and knowledge of the band when writing up a review. It can't be helped. I know I struggle with it at times when doing my reviews for MP.

Shit escalated with the name-calling and trash-talking by Tate. Why? Is that really your way of reacting when someone calls you out on shit you say? It tells me that no one is allowed to have differing views and opinions of bands whose teat you suck on.

I'd think that by running a well-known site and source of music information (and to an extent influence on other people's music-buying decision) that you'd have a much higher standard of social responsability. All this unfolding drama has shown me is that the bands that are involved/promoted/hyped/etc. by AP.net should be embarrased to be associated w/ the site and the head of it. Tate's habits and "tactics" were well-known prior to all of this, but his beef w/ Heisel and anyone else willing to have a different opinion, has really shown how much (or rather little) character he has.

/rant

I think I was banned for talking shit about Thrice and some bands called Manchester Orchestra and Mute Math...I guess I'm out of the loop according to the Tateinator.

I read and post on both boards. Both have pros and cons, idiots and decent people etc. I really don't care about whatever drama, save it being pretty entertaining. But I have to say, the posts you made in the ap.net thread are some of the most ridiculous and pathetic attempts at 'elitism' I've ever read. Vheissu is a pop-punk album? Clearly you have not even listened to five minutes of it, either that or you're deaf. This has nothing to do whether it's a good or a bad album, it is simply and objectively not of said genre in any concievable way. And bragging about listening to your Dischord records? Come on man, you think you're the only guy who owns Repeater or the Faith/Void split on wax? Give me a fucking break.

I think I was banned for talking shit about Thrice and some bands called Manchester Orchestra and Mute Math...I guess I'm out of the loop according to the Tateinator.

I read and post on both boards. Both have pros and cons, idiots and decent people etc. I really don't care about whatever drama, save it being pretty entertaining. But I have to say, the posts you made in the ap.net thread are some of the most ridiculous and pathetic attempts at 'elitism' I've ever read. Vheissu is a pop-punk album? Clearly you have not even listened to five minutes of it, either that or you're deaf. This has nothing to do whether it's a good or a bad album, it is simply and objectively not of said genre in any concievable way. And bragging about listening to your Dischord records? Come on man, you think you're the only guy who owns Repeater or the Faith/Void split on wax? Give me a fucking break.

save this nonsense for the ap.net boards where it belongs.

save this nonsense for the ap.net boards where it belongs.

Nah he's right.