The "What do you do for a living thread"

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually that's pretty funny because I did. And I dropped out after three quarters, because it was worthless.

Yeah I tried both Animation and Audio Production before finally calling it quits. I should have stopped going after the first quarter. huge waste of money and now i'm in a ton of debt.

Yeah, I'm in the exact same boat. I originally went for Computer Animation, then changed to Video Production right before dropping out. School loans are a bitch, especially when you didn't get anything for the money.

Guest scriptedrain
School loans are a bitch, especially when you didn't get anything for the money.

Yeah, I went 7 semesters before dropping, too. Fucking sucks.

- Jeff

oh man, the best job i ever had was at a little caesars. i was in my last year of high school (and i think the summer and part of the fall after when i started university) and i had a totally smoking hot manager who was like 24 and totally accomodating. i was the only dude there among a group of hot high school girls. they let me play whatever music i wanted in the kitchen. i worked nights, closing shifts, so pretty much did everything myself after 8:00pm, which is fine for me (most of the time i'd prefer it that way). i'd get my friends to come in at the end of the night, we'd lock the doors and they'd clean while i did the paperwork. in exchange i let them make whatever kind of gross pizza they wanted. when i opened on sunday mornings we never ever ever got anyone in until at least 2:00pm and we opened at 10:00am. i would lay on the cutting table by the oven opening where it was all warm and just nap for hours. nobody could see me and if i heard the door dinger go off, i'd just roll off onto the floor and pop up with an empty box like i was just picking something up. i even managed to figure out how to make the food taste good, eventually.

if i could make good money doing that shit every day i totally would.

Guest scriptedrain
oh man, the best job i ever had was at a little caesars. i was in my last year of high school (and i think the summer and part of the fall after when i started university) and i had a totally smoking hot manager who was like 24 and totally accomodating. i was the only dude there among a group of hot high school girls. they let me play whatever music i wanted in the kitchen. i worked nights, closing shifts, so pretty much did everything myself after 8:00pm, which is fine for me (most of the time i'd prefer it that way). i'd get my friends to come in at the end of the night, we'd lock the doors and they'd clean while i did the paperwork. in exchange i let them make whatever kind of gross pizza they wanted. when i opened on sunday mornings we never ever ever got anyone in until at least 2:00pm and we opened at 10:00am. i would lay on the cutting table by the oven opening where it was all warm and just nap for hours. nobody could see me and if i heard the door dinger go off, i'd just roll off onto the floor and pop up with an empty box like i was just picking something up. i even managed to figure out how to make the food taste good, eventually.

if i could make good money doing that shit every day i totally would.

After yesterday, it's like you're describing the exact opposite of the disgusting Nazi regime here. And customers actually go to this one because it's in the busiest part of town.

- Jeff

• 3 months later...

Graduated from Cal Poly with a degree in Marketing/Advertising and a minor in Political Science.

Did some freelance copywriting and worked as a Media Planner at a couple of agencies in the Los Angeles area directly after college until this past summer when my buddy asked if I wanted to work with him at his small software start-up.

So now I work at a 3-person software design company in Orange County where I do a bunch of shit I never dreamed I'd be doing (accounting/finance, consulting, contract law, QA testing, account exec, etc) and I actually kind of dig it. Really challenging and it's forced me to learn a lot of different skills.

I've been lucky enough to never really have a dress-code at any of my post-college jobs, which has been cool. I only ever need to dress nice when I'm meeting a client.

Oh, and I'm possibly going to Long Beach State for my MBA this coming spring. Haven't decided yet (work is getting really busy, etc.).