The "What do you do for a living thread"

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work for a newspaper here in Idaho. I cover the Boise State football team.

It's a lot of fun, but the hours are pretty awful, plus it can get stressful. But I get to go to Hawaii for a week for the bowl game, so it has its perks.

I graduated from the University of Colorado in 2004 with a journalism degree. I have a cat. No wife, no girlfriend. Just records.

Guest abravemorning

I am a relay operator for the state of Tennessee, Washington, DC, and IP Relay. I facilitate telephone communication for deaf and hard of hearing individuals, or at least I'm supposed to. Most calls are from Nigerian scammers or little punk ass kids who think they're funny. Since the ADA states relay operators must not become involved in the conversation, any little bitch with an internet connection can use it. I'm quitting as soon as I get my bonus and tax return and moving to DC, where I'm hoping to obtain a job as a bike courier, and attend school to major in Sociology, History, or perhaps a different field. I'd like to teach someday, or at least find a career in which I'm doing something positive.

I am a relay operator for the state of Tennessee, Washington, DC, and IP Relay. I facilitate telephone communication for deaf and hard of hearing individuals, or at least I'm supposed to. Most calls are from Nigerian scammers or little punk ass kids who think they're funny. Since the ADA states relay operators must not become involved in the conversation, any little bitch with an internet connection can use it. I'm quitting as soon as I get my bonus and tax return and moving to DC, where I'm hoping to obtain a job as a bike courier, and attend school to major in Sociology, History, or perhaps a different field. I'd like to teach someday, or at least find a career in which I'm doing something positive.

I definitely had people call into my college radio show all the time using these things. It got so old so quickly.

Guest abravemorning

I definitely had people call into my college radio show all the time using these things. It got so old so quickly.

This job makes me hate my life.

i work in a grop home for DD kids w/ aggressive behavior problems. i pretty much get the shit kicked out of me on a daily basis. although i am studying to become an associate behavior analyst so, hopefully after march, i won't have to work the floor and can just write programs and graph data.

Did some freelance copywriting and worked as a Media Planner at a couple of agencies in the Los Angeles area directly after college until this past summer when my buddy asked if I wanted to work with him at his small software start-up.

Awww Shit. Im a media buyer/planner. Fun times

Haha, yeah it is. The perks were fucking sweet... and the work wasn't too bad either. Plus it's predominantly chicks in the industry (at least in LA), which can be cool.

Awww Shit. Im a media buyer/planner. Fun times

Haha, yeah it is. The perks were fucking sweet... and the work wasn't too bad either. Plus it's predominantly chicks in the industry (at least in LA), which can be cool.

Thats funny, I have always been one of the few males in our media departments.

Even in college i would be one of the only dudes in class, which was always nice.

Also most of our AE's are chicks and mostly hot ones at that. I have fun and its really not a bad job, just hectic at times, but december is always slow, so its kinda nice.

Thats funny, I have always been one of the few males in our media departments.

Even in college i would be one of the only dudes in class, which was always nice.

Also most of our AE's are chicks and mostly hot ones at that. I have fun and its really not a bad job, just hectic at times, but december is always slow, so its kinda nice.

December was always cool because we'd get bombarded with free food/wine/etc being sent to the office by all the vendors/reps. And getting the last week or two of the year off was awesome, too.

The only problem? Some of the clients. Ugh...

second year in college going for english education with a minor in teaching english to speakers of other languages. i want to go out of the country somewhere when i graduate and teach english to people.

I also work at a local italian restaurant called avanti's. It's an easy job and I make a lot of money for what I do. I just don't want to work there for a really long time or i would be sad.

I went to college for a little while and realized I sucked at it. So I quit. Now I work full time as a photographer at a pretty nice studio in Germantown (Memphis), Tennessee. We do senior pictures and pretty much everything related to school pictures and yearbooks. It's not really my cup of tee, but it pays for my addictions. I eventually want to open my own studio. I play guitar in a band called Karma Elektra (http://www.myspace.com/lowlifepunx). I hang out with patrickgsf pretty often and he gets drunk off two woodchucks.

Guest abravemorning
I went to college for a little while and realized I sucked at it. So I quit. Now I work full time as a photographer at a pretty nice studio in Germantown (Memphis), Tennessee. We do senior pictures and pretty much everything related to school pictures and yearbooks. It's not really my cup of tee, but it pays for my addictions. I eventually want to open my own studio. I play guitar in a band called Karma Elektra. I hang out with patrickgsf pretty often and he gets drunk off two woodchucks.

*1 Woodchuck. 2 and I'm unconscious. You forgot to mention your other sweet ass band, Gordon Bombay and the Knuckle Pucks. You can check them out here: http://www.myspace.com/gordonbombay901

I went to college for a little while and realized I sucked at it. So I quit. Now I work full time as a photographer at a pretty nice studio in Germantown (Memphis), Tennessee. We do senior pictures and pretty much everything related to school pictures and yearbooks. It's not really my cup of tee, but it pays for my addictions. I eventually want to open my own studio. I play guitar in a band called Karma Elektra. I hang out with patrickgsf pretty often and he gets drunk off two woodchucks.

*1 Woodchuck. 2 and I'm unconscious. You forgot to mention your other sweet ass band, Gordon Bombay and the Knuckle Pucks. You can check them out here: http://www.myspace.com/gordonbombay901

Oh yeah, how could I forget... sounds like gordon bombay with rebellious teen angst

Eh, I'm a manager at Borders, but like everyone has said it lets me feed the vinyl habit.

I really want to do something with music though because that's where my heart lies.

Welcome to my life..I'm the merch supervisor for borders in wilton, ct.

But I just gave my notice...been there for 5 years...my ast day is dec 28.

On jan 8 I'm starting @ exhale spa on 59th st in nyc..as a front deck clerk..answering phones and making shcedules and such...just a paycheck...do what I gotta do since I'm moving to nyc on the 1st...