The "What do you do for a living thread"

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i work in a grop home for DD kids w/ aggressive behavior problems. i pretty much get the shit kicked out of me on a daily basis. although i am studying to become an associate behavior analyst so, hopefully after march, i won't have to work the floor and can just write programs and graph data.

Big props to you. My wife used to do that and it can be taxing physically and mentally.

Fulltime student at a community college, moving on to a 4-year in a couple semesters. Majoring in business, hoping to focus on HR or Financing, still kinda undecided.

For money I work supplemental at a hospital transporting patients to/from ER, Xray, and Surgery. The money is decent but my schedule is weird - sometimes I'll work full time, other times I won't work for 3-4 weeks. I can't complain though, it works great with my schooling and I even get paid vacation time. The rest of my income is through online moneymaking sites (they do work!) and selling off old crap on eBay (toys from when I was kid).

Since September of 06, I have been a screen printer, through April 07 ericxthexred was my boss, and as of November 07, he is just my superior/the guy I flick off all of the time. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it. I prefer it over other jobs because it is a lax atmosphere, and something I can do most of the time, without too much effort.

It makes me too tired, I smell really bad when I get home, I get ink everywhere, the lack of A/C at the new shop is starting to get to me, and the pay has never really been anything to write home about, however the hours at the pay rate make up for it.

I don't know what I want to do with my life, but I guess that's why I'm going to try and balance this job and school next semester and try and figure out what I want to do. I feel like I'm at a point now, where I love the job, but I know that the time that I can really continue to be as satisfied as I once was, will come to an end, because life is becoming increasingly more demanding. I hope that at least the people that control my future at this job see my commitment and devotion and desire to help the company grow and be more involved. Time is my enemy.