The "What do you do for a living thread"

i'm a broadcast journalist, specializing in tv videojournalism (reporting, shooting and editing). the tv market has become kind of saturated in the last couple of years, so i've been working with a news/talk radio station for the last three. i'm the city hall reporter; not the most exciting beat, but you get some interesting stories.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm a broadcast journalist, specializing in tv videojournalism (reporting, shooting and editing). the tv market has become kind of saturated in the last couple of years, so i've been working with a news/talk radio station for the last three. i'm the city hall reporter; not the most exciting beat, but you get some interesting stories.

I'm in school for that right now (my apologies for helping to saturate the market)! Where did you go for schooling? I think I'd rather do City Hall than streeters. Ugh, I effing hate streeters...

• 1 month later...
i'm a professional depressed bastard.

Besides being that, I work at a TV station as a Master Control Operator(pushing buttons....a monkey could do this job) making little money working odd hours.

I also work for a vending company that is contracted through Home Depot setting up lighting displays and making sure everything is in it's right place in the electrical department.I actually make a living wage and I only get to work 2 days a week.

I have been thinking about going to school for graphic design.

I'm a stand-up philosopher...

Actually, I'm a corporate lackey/trained monkey in the claims department for an auto insurance company. Yeah, I'm the guy you talk to and tell him what happened in the accident, who's at fault and all that craziness. From time to time I go out on the road to body shops and whatnot to write estimates on vehicle damages. Most of the time it's OK and I get to learn about cars...but when it sucks, it sucks miserably.

And to think I went to college and got a degree in Communications with a minor on abnormal psych. Oh well. That's life for ya!

But hey...it pays the bills and allows me to feed my vinyl habit.

You don't need school for this job if you have a good eye , good layout skills, and know software (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).

Whatever you do don't go to the Art Institute. That place is the fucking devil.

Actually that's pretty funny because I did. And I dropped out after three quarters, because it was worthless.

Actually that's pretty funny because I did. And I dropped out after three quarters, because it was worthless.

I used to be really good with photoshop in high school because I would spend night after night working one pieces. Then one day I stopped, didn't touch it for 3 years and now I suck. A shame too because I really like it and thought about making a career out of it.

Yeah I tried both Animation and Audio Production before finally calling it quits. I should have stopped going after the first quarter. huge waste of money and now i'm in a ton of debt.