Cats & Dogs

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks, she is pretty fantastic. I got her from the humane society when she was like 6 weeks old but never grew out of her timid ways. it takes a long time for her to get comfortable around people, but she loves to play with other dogs and even cats.

Note: she hated those santa slipper things strapped to her feet. you can kinda seem her feet in the photo.

thanks, she is pretty fantastic. I got her from the humane society when she was like 6 weeks old but never grew out of her timid ways. it takes a long time for her to get comfortable around people, but she loves to play with other dogs and even cats.

Note: she hated those santa slipper things strapped to her feet. you can kinda seem her feet in the photo.

that is an amazing photo!!! I love it. and props to you for rescuing/adopting a dog!

My dog also hates things on his feet/paws. we got him these things for winter because when he's walking he lifts one leg up at a time and alternates between all 4 while we're walking, I assume, because it's so cold.

i have a freaking zoo at my house.

twin lab/chow mixes we adopted from New Orleans thru labs4rescue.org, chows have a pretty bad rap for aggression.. so they have trouble with them. They're both amazing dogs but the male suffers from extreme seperation anxiety, and the female is very very protective of the house and takes a long time to warm up to strangers.

a really old pitbull, we got from a rescue... hes kind of a mess.. really abused/neglected gaurd dog, altho you wouldn't know if from his disposition. He's got rods in his back legs, and really bad arthritis, but hes the sweetest dog in the world. he pretty much just chills on the couch most of the day.

two bengal cats (one straight up bengal, and one snow leopard) both are psychotic, and extremely intelligent.. they can get into locked rooms, open drawers to get at food/treats and are general pains in my ass... but the wife loves them.

I commend your generous heart. Fuck, I want a bengal cat. I'm currently fostering my friend's kitten indefinitely, and I love him! He has a ridiculous name (Blackemon) and he does 10 laps of my room in 3 seconds and tries to get into my records, but he's still awesome!

[image]

[image]

i have a freaking zoo at my house.

twin lab/chow mixes we adopted from New Orleans thru labs4rescue.org, chows have a pretty bad rap for aggression.. so they have trouble with them. They're both amazing dogs but the male suffers from extreme seperation anxiety, and the female is very very protective of the house and takes a long time to warm up to strangers.

a really old pitbull, we got from a rescue... hes kind of a mess.. really abused/neglected gaurd dog, altho you wouldn't know if from his disposition. He's got rods in his back legs, and really bad arthritis, but hes the sweetest dog in the world. he pretty much just chills on the couch most of the day.

two bengal cats (one straight up bengal, and one snow leopard) both are psychotic, and extremely intelligent.. they can get into locked rooms, open drawers to get at food/treats and are general pains in my ass... but the wife loves them.

I commend your generous heart. Fuck, I want a bengal cat. I'm currently fostering my friend's kitten indefinitely, and I love him! He has a ridiculous name (Blackemon) and he does 10 laps of my room in 3 seconds and tries to get into my records, but he's still awesome!

[image]

[image]

Aww, he's the black version of my Izzie (she's all white).

Aww, he's the black version of my Izzie (she's all white).

I just finished having a major brawl with him. I strapped on a thick glove and he just went to town on it. I'm trying to teach him that clawing and biting skin is bad, but with the glove it's all good. He's starting to get it. In that regards, it's awesome being able to actualy teach animals tricks!

My wife's parents had to put down their 6-year-old St. Bernard, Bella, a couple of months ago ... it was awful, since she was pretty amazing. As an early Christmas gift, we got them a puppy. Here's Lizzie the day we picked her up from the breeder (we're in the parking lot of the pet store to pick up supplies):

[image]

• 4 months later...
Guest genericinsight

In honor of the cat thread, I figured I'd go back and see if there was a place/excuse to post pics of my dog. Not surprising, there was.

Here's my 4 year old Jack Russell/Beagle mutt Lucky. at least, I think he's 4. I adopted him in 2005 and they estimated he was around 2 then. Don't know for sure, he's not a puppy but he's not old either. He looks like your average Jack Russell Terrier in pics but in reality he's 35 pounds... so that's where we guess he's part Beagle.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

^the last one, he's wearing my Strung Out hoodie on Halloween. It lasted on him about 2 mins before he kicked it off.

I love my dog.

• 2 months later...

Dogs everywhere!

[image]

My original dog, Lucy, 9+ yr old Yellow Lab.

[image]

The new-comer. Little sicky-mc-sick-sick Miley. She's over parvo, but is recovering before she goes back to battle heartworm, then recover some more and back at it to get spayed. She's just over a year old and was poorly taken care of. She's half-Chocolate Lab, half-Aussie Shepherd

[image]

Up next is 4-5 month old Deuce, the American Bulldog from Minnesota. This big guy is so well behaved it's ridiculous. He's not mine, but a friend of a friend's who plays for Niagara's Women's Hockey team.

[image]

Hiding behind Deuce is Bo, Deuce's 2-month old half-brother. Never mind that other dog in the picture...

[image]

This is my puppy Grayson. I got her from the Atlanta Humane Society on my 23rd birthday, because my Old English Bulldog died in February from a sudden heart attack that we could have never predicted, but he was my parents birthday present for when I turned 19. She is a flat coated retriever mix, i think she has some greyhound and Australian Shepherd in her as well

[image]

Her name is Grayson because my parents have an English Bulldog puppy that we named Bruce, because I am a huge Batman nut (so his full name is Bruce Wayne Hobbs), and my dad calls him Batman. So when I got Gracie, I named her Grayson because Batmans sidekick Robin's real name is Dick Grayson. I'm fucking lame. her full name is actually Grayson Kelly, because I think puns are neat

Anyway, here is Bruce, he is so lazy that he falls asleep by just sitting up:

[image]

I also have two kittens, below are pictures of them when they were tiny (like, the day i brought them home back in February).

Thriller

[image]

Yeheskel

[image]

aaaaaaaaaaaand Batman and Robin back on April 3rd

[image]

Sorry, I'm really really into pets. All the pictures were taken with my iPhone, which is why they are kinda eh quality

edit: Sorry I am also really bad at this message board shit, pictures should be fixed now....

This is my puppy Grayson. I got her from the Atlanta Humane Society on my 23rd birthday, because my Old English Bulldog died in February from a sudden heart attack that we could have never predicted, but he was my parents birthday present for when I turned 19. She is a flat coated retriever mix, i think she has some greyhound and Australian Shepherd in her as well

[image]

Her name is Grayson because my parents have an English Bulldog puppy that we named Bruce, because I am a huge Batman nut (so his full name is Bruce Wayne Hobbs), and my dad calls him Batman. So when I got Gracie, I named her Grayson because Batmans sidekick Robin's real name is Dick Grayson. I'm fucking lame. her full name is actually Grayson Kelly, because I think puns are neat

Anyway, here is Bruce, he is so lazy that he falls asleep by just sitting up:

[image]

I also have two kittens, below are pictures of them when they were tiny (like, the day i brought them home back in February).

Thriller

[image]

Yeheskel

[image]

aaaaaaaaaaaand Batman and Robin back on April 3rd

[image]

Sorry, I'm really really into pets. All the pictures were taken with my iPhone, which is why they are kinda eh quality

edit: Sorry I am also really bad at this message board shit, pictures should be fixed now....

Sorry about your Bulldog, that's awful. However, your pets are so fucking cute. Thriller is bad ass(name wise, aesthetically) and I totally appreciate your coordinated naming process. With that said, I've gotta get my pups up here soon.