Green Day 21 7" box set

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they're full of shit. false advertising at it's finest. the box set is /3800, not /2500 as advertised. mine is number 2069 out of 3800.

That's some straight up bullshit!!!

yeah it's weird. If you go to the bottom of the page on the right, it says only 2500 available here, boxes are #ed out of 3800.

So it seems like 1300 were sent to store like hot topic and.....walmart haha. If this was about 40 bucks cheaper I would pick it up. Seems like a cool piece of history to own.

That's some straight up bullshit!!!

yeah it's weird. If you go to the bottom of the page on the right, it says only 2500 available here, boxes are #ed out of 3800.

So it seems like 1300 were sent to store like hot topic and.....walmart haha. If this was about 40 bucks cheaper I would pick it up. Seems like a cool piece of history to own.

let them shelfwarm at Hot Topic for 6 months till they move them into clearance. Then swoop in and get it a good price.

let them shelfwarm at Hot Topic for 6 months till they move them into clearance. Then swoop in and get it a good price.

That's what I was thinking. Let's all try and remember that, and give everyone a heads up.

anyone who ordered this already email their customer support about them lying about how many copies were pressed of the box set. they gave me $25 off the order and credited it to my credit card. they also offered me $25 worth of music from the green day webstore for free, but i opted for the first choice.

Done and done...I just noticed that they added some small print to the page the box set is listed on....I def did not see that when I ordered, or I would have had second thoughts....yeah, that's it...

anyone who ordered this already email their customer support about them lying about how many copies were pressed of the box set. they gave me $25 off the order and credited it to my credit card. they also offered me $25 worth of music from the green day webstore for free, but i opted for the first choice.

Done and done...I just noticed that they added some small print to the page the box set is listed on....I def did not see that when I ordered, or I would have had second thoughts....yeah, that's it...

that's because it wasn't there. they added it a few days ago after i emailed them and demanded an explaination.

they're making good and giving 25 bucks back to people who care that its slightly less barely limited.

Well, we know one person got credited so far...

Besides, lies are lies are lies. I can respect that they are fixing their slip-up though. Also, 2500 is actually kinda limited compared to the amount of albums a band like Green Day sells. Same with the Blink re-press...2000 records to appease millions of fans. Either way, so long as they are making good I am happy, and I am enjoying the set too.

i didn't care how many sets were made when i bought this, that was not a factor at all. neither was the price because it worked out to around $8 per record. i bought it because it was an easier and more cost effective way to get most of their 7"s than going the ebay rout. with their website having "only 2500!" in bold lettering and in all caps, and then having the boxset being numbered /3800, i just wanted an explaination as to why they advertised it as limited 2500 when they knew full well that it wasn't.

i didn't ask for any money back at all. but with that said who in their right mind would refuse a refund of any $ amount?

i didn't care how many sets were made when i bought this, that was not a factor at all. neither was the price because it worked out to around $8 per record. i bought it because it was an easier and more cost effective way to get most of their 7"s than going the ebay rout. with their website having "only 2500!" in bold lettering and in all caps, and then having the boxset being numbered /3800, i just wanted an explaination as to why they advertised it as limited 2500 when they knew full well that it wasn't.

i didn't ask for any money back at all. but with that said who in their right mind would refuse a refund of any $ amount?

exactly. there are better things to be outraged about.

Right on. My logic was the same as far as not having to hunt down every record individually. That is why I bought it (plus the "free" box), but if I have the ability to get a bit back on it, I may as well be "outraged". ;D

probably 2500 available from the website and 1300 sent to distributors