up the weight loss punx

chaps

I don't need to lose weight, but some simple tips are:

Exercise for 30 minutes a day

Watch what you eat, spread your food out, don't over eat

Drink water, water, water, no pop!

Be smart about what you eat, don't eat McDonalds, have a few salads, don't eat anything with high fructose corn syrup

Don't eat fast food

congrats! I need to lose weight badly. what did you do?

I had been an unhealthy vegetarian for awhile (at lots of cheese and pizza and shit).

So first I started running again (serious like 3-4 miles, but start slow). But once I started running this far, my lactose intolerance came back, so I cut all dairy and cheese products out of my diet. This is VERY hard, but I realized I was eat SO much cheese working out just wasn't going to cut it.

So my diet consisted of (and still does)-

Huge class of OJ in the morning

No white flour, all wheat

soy and other "fake meat" products for protien (mainly vegan stuff)

TONS of fruits and vegetables

NO processed food (things that come in a box with 10,000 chemical ingredients)

NO dairy

Snacked on bananas, pretzels, nuts, etc.

Healthy dose of subway veggie max subs and vegan taco bell items (crunch wrap with JUST lettuce beans and rice)

I also began trying to ride my bike at least 10 miles a day (trips around town etc.)

Down to 199 from 230 something at the beginning of summer.

Bums me out because at the beginning of summer I started eating right, exercising (going to the gym and biking 10+ miles daily) and cut out the soda. I was doing good then about a month in I went on tour and all that just went out the window. I started eating crap, drank whatever soda was around and stopped exercising. Basically just being lazy. I kept telling myself I'd get back into it but I didn't. I could have done pretty well for myself by the end of summer. Now it's time to step it up.

about two years ago i was 245lbs (downside to marijuana, the sweets!). i vowed to lose weight and start eating better. i lost about fifteen pounds after a month of hitting the gym and eating better and dropping soda for water almost completely. then i started getting flu symtoms. went to a minute clinic to get tested. according to them i already had the flu pretty bad and needed to let it run its course without antibiotics.

two weeks later, forty pounds of weight loss, an emergency room visit and a pneumonia scare and i was back on my a game. i kept up hitting the gym for maybe six months and my lease came up to my apartment so i had no where to work out and said fuck it. im around 170-180 now and im 6'2 so im not to bad off. going to buy some new running shoes this week sometime and hitting the streets since its gonna start cooling off soon.

the main thing is try and do different work outs and eat variety or else you will get bored/disappointed with it and fall back to your old ways. dont be scared to hit the sweets some times as a reward either, just dont do it after dark..

i lost 25 lbs eating nothing but salad w/ chicken or shrimp (for protein) and oil/vinegar dressing for about 2.5 months. plus protein shakes/carb-free yogurts for snacks. <2000 cals a day. no carbs.

salad has like no calories and fills you up so you're not hungry, you can eat about as much as you want. its like 45 calories for an bag of salad.

also, i worked out 3-4 times a week. trick is to get your cardio done first thing in the morning. dont eat anything just get up put your shoes on and run for at least 30 minutes or so.

i lost a solid 2 lbs per week doing this. all fat.

trick is to get your cardio done first thing in the morning. dont eat anything just get up put your shoes on and run for at least 30 minutes or so.

I don't doubt your losses but everything I've always been told (by people who know what's up) is to have something in your stomach, even if it's just an energy/protein bar.

When I was in college I ate nothing but potatoes for two years. I lost a lot of weight, which wasn't my goal (I think I just went nuts honestly), and got very sick. I wouldn't recommend this. Guys are lucky though. We really can lose a lot of weight by cutting out stuff we should be doing anyway (soda, etc.) and by getting even a little exercise.

trick is to get your cardio done first thing in the morning. dont eat anything just get up put your shoes on and run for at least 30 minutes or so.

I don't doubt your losses but everything I've always been told (by people who know what's up) is to have something in your stomach, even if it's just an energy/protein bar.

working out in the morning before you eat also speeds up your metabolism considerably, so when you do eat soon after, your body burns it instead of having that food sit in your stomach undigested while you work out

When I was in college I ate nothing but potatoes for two years. I lost a lot of weight, which wasn't my goal (I think I just went nuts honestly), and got very sick. I wouldn't recommend this. Guys are lucky though. We really can lose a lot of weight by cutting out stuff we should be doing anyway (soda, etc.) and by getting even a little exercise.

Potatoes are so bad for you.

i weigh about 175 now, I used to weight like 160, I eat too much dairy and drink too much beer. Ive been contemplating giving up the beers for liqour , but then ill be a pussy

Hickey, when you quit smoking did your appetite increase at all? this is the only thing that is stopping me from quitting is the weight gain associated with it, bad reason, but truth

Ive been contemplating giving up the beers for liqour , but then ill be a pussy.

Woah on the pussy talk about people who prefer liqour to beer. I hate, hate, hate beer. I'll take a gentleman's whiskey on the rocks to beer any day.

Plus all my friends who have been drinking beer since they were underage have spare tires under their shirts where as I do not.

I am working with about 240 pounds of meat right now. I lost like 45 pounds a couple of years ago doing Atkins but then I gained it back over a year. I am starting to work out again. I am going to try to eat less and stop drinking pop. We will see how it goes.

Good for you, Chap.

When i quit smoking, i promised myself that after a year i'd start working out as i needed to give my body some form of rest and my lungs a breather before going at it. I never bothered. I didn't gain a pound over the year that i quit smoking. I also didnt lose any.

same here. My buddy is a trainer, and he always said, eat something to just get u out of the house and give you enough energy to work out. He told me a glass of oj and a breakfast bar, or a banana is a good morning meal before a workout. I didn't follow his advise and never bothered to eat or work out.. But im gonna start riding my bike to and from work when i move so i think that should cut down my weight considerably over the next few months.