Shows

I figured there should be a post about upcoming shows, shows you're going to, went to, looking forward to, etc.

Here are mine:

8/16: Bouncing Souls, Lifetime, Ergs at the Roxy in Boston, MA

10/4: The Draft, Dead to me, Gaslight Anthem, Middle East, Cambridge, MA

10/7: Henry Rollins, Berklee Performance Center, Boston, MA

10/16: Lawrence Arms, American Steel, Falcon, Sundowner, Harpers Ferry, Allston, MA

10/31: Appreciation Post (tribute to Rocket from the Crypt) with Avail and Smoke or Fire, Middle East, Cambridge, MA

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Thursday, the Rentals, Modest Mouse AND Less Than Jake are all playing here, and I am torn on which to go to. I already have tickets to Modest Mouse, but I'm thinking about dumping them for one of the other two bands...

I've heard the Rentals have been amazing. The ticket price is a little high, but I might go for it.

Less Than Jake is honestly one of the best live bands I've ever seen (and I think it's been 4 times now). Go see them.

- Jeff

they are very fun however i havent seen them in a while. But they used to throw out so much merch and free stuff. you always left when with something. i remember getting all those little spark guns with the LTJ logos, cds, shirts and tons and tons of stuff every time you saw them.

But another band that puts on a great show is the Horrorpops. With their dancers and whatnot, one of the best shows i saw last year.

This Thursday, the Rentals, Modest Mouse AND Less Than Jake are all playing here, and I am torn on which to go to. I already have tickets to Modest Mouse, but I'm thinking about dumping them for one of the other two bands...

I've heard the Rentals have been amazing. The ticket price is a little high, but I might go for it.

I saw the Rental earlier this month and they were absolutely great. Matt Sharp is a genius. They played "I Just Threw Out The Love Of My Dreams" (one of my very favorite Weezer songs) which made it worth the $25 i paid for the ticket.

I'm looking forward to:

8/23 - Warped Tour @ Sleep Train Ampitheatre in Marysville, CA

9/26 - Against Me! @ Catalyst in Santa Cruz, CA

9/28 - Paint It Black @ 924 Gilman St in Berkeley, CA

11/10-11/11 - Larry Arms, Falcon, Sundowner @ Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco, CA

I'm going to a lot more smaller shows/bar shows before and after, but these are some of the big ones I'm attending in the next couple of months.

9/30- The Weakerthans @ The Casbah in San Diego, Ca

10/2- The Weakerthans @ The El Rey Theatre in LA, Ca

10/7- Turbonegro @ Henry Fonda Theatre in LA, Ca

10/17- The Draft, Dead to Me, Gaslight Anthem @ Knitting Factory in Hollywood, Ca

10/26-28- The Fest 6 in Gainesville, Fl

11/9- Larry Arms, Falcon, etc. @ The Troubadour in Hollywood, Ca

I figured there should be a post about upcoming shows, shows you're going to, went to, looking forward to, etc.

Here are mine:

10/16: Lawrence Arms, American Steel, Falcon, Sundowner, Harpers Ferry, Allston, MA

10/31: Appreciation Post (tribute to Rocket from the Crypt) with Avail and Smoke or Fire, Middle East, Cambridge, MA

woah.....go to the same venues...

here are a bunch of shows im looking forward to. whether i end up going or not is another thing entirely:

08-17 - daughters, coalesce @ knitting factory, nyc

09-09 - a life once lost @school of rock, south hackensack, nj

09-24 - despised icon @ the mainstage, pompton, nj

10-03 - boris @ music hall of williamsburg, BK, ny

10-08 - High on Fire, Mono, Panthers, Coliseum @ Webster Hall, Nyc

10-28 - boris @ bowery ballroom, nyc

Here are mine:

woah.....go to the same venues...

well if you're going to any of those, say hello

Avail, Strung Out and Lucero are also coming to the middle east (not on the same bill, obviously).

yea I had the avail listed, it's on halloween, my friends band is doing a rocket from the crypt tribute set first, it will be awesome.

I'm sure I'll see you thursday, say hello if you see me first

I discovered one of my friends is able to get free tickets to pretty much any show I want, so I of course have begun abusing this friendship quite handily! Some of the shows I'm happily looking forward to are:

Pelican - Aug 15

Strung Out/A Wilhelm Scream - Aug 20

Aggrolites - Aug 30

Gogol Bordello - Sept 2

Two Gallants - Sept 14

Cannibal Corpse/Black Dahlia Murder - Sept 20

All That Remains - Sept 28

Turbonegro - Oct 11

Unearth/Darkest Hour - Oct 15

Final Fantasy - Oct 20

Ted Leo - Oct 22

High on Fire/Coliseum - Oct 24

Henry Rollins - Oct 30 (the only one I paid for)

There's other dancie/electronic shows I'm going to, but she could drag me to James Blunt for all that I care!