Shows

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey benchwarmer or anyone in the Boston/Eastern Mass. area...do you know anyone who needs tickets to tonight's show (Bouncing Souls, Lifetime, Ergs)? My buddies backed out and I have two left. I'll sell them for face and fees to recoup my costs.

ah, I don't. not sure if it's sold out, but you might be able to sell em at the door. i'm dragging my girlfriend with me.

Benchwarmer & Hickey..... You guys going to Will Whitmore/Tim Barry on 10/10 @ Mid east upstairs? I'll probably be at that one. As for Avail on halloween, I might have to take the kiddies trick-or-treating. I am going to try to make that show. It would be nice to meet some peeps from the VC board.

not sure about the Tim Barry show. but I'll def. be at the avail show. get there early to see my friends band do a KILLER RFTC tribute set.

Hey benchwarmer or anyone in the Boston/Eastern Mass. area...do you know anyone who needs tickets to tonight's show (Bouncing Souls, Lifetime, Ergs)? My buddies backed out and I have two left. I'll sell them for face and fees to recoup my costs.

ah, I don't. not sure if it's sold out, but you might be able to sell em at the door. i'm dragging my girlfriend with me.

Yeah, my wife is coming with me. She always checks out the Souls when they come through. I'll try to unload them at the door, I just wanted to give folks here first crack at them.

Benchwarmer & Hickey..... You guys going to Will Whitmore/Tim Barry on 10/10 @ Mid east upstairs? I'll probably be at that one. As for Avail on halloween, I might have to take the kiddies trick-or-treating. I am going to try to make that show. It would be nice to meet some peeps from the VC board.

not sure about the Tim Barry show. but I'll def. be at the avail show. get there early to see my friends band do a KILLER RFTC tribute set.

Not sure either. I probably won't because I'm hitting the Draft a few days before that and Lawrence Arms is a few days after.

between the label and work im not getting out much, unless we're running the show.. heres what i got coming up.. plus i just got back from 2 weeks on warped, and im still shot.

8/18 - my band is playing with The Steal, Cryptorchid Chipmunk, The Fad, Rick Johnson RocknRoll Machine and the Emotron in Windsor CT.

8/19 - my band is playing with Suburban Legends, Patent Pending & Zolof the Rock and Roll Destroyer in Hartford CT

9/? - Bomb the Music Industry! + Shinobu - somewhere in CT

9/15? + 9/16? - running the merch Table for the ASOB reunion shows in NY

10/? - Mustard Plug + VGS - Hartford CT

10/21 - my band is playing with Big D, Whole Wheat Bread, and Bomb the Music Industry! in hartford CT

so my lady and i went to see a wilhelm scream and strung out last night. i'm now officially convinced a wilhelm scream is the best band working right now, especially in the punk/hardcore genre. flawless performance, impeccable energy, and really good-natured guys. strung out is getting old, but three quarters of their set was still okay.

the other reason to go: the most hilarious opening band ever. "i am ghost" plays total victory records style-core. we walked in to the venue last night to see one guitar player wearing shades, looking cooler than cool while a fog machine spewed faux smoke out around him and a fan blew it across the stage. their lead singer looks EXACTLY like davey havok, right down to identical lip piercings, hair style, and black scarf with dress shirt and black lady jeans ensemble....while the chubby guitar player on the other side of the stage had his long hair blowing equisitely in the wind produced by yet another fan. their music was hilarious enough, but even better: they spent the entire wilhelm scream and strung out sets sitting on a couch in the closed-off upper balcony playing video games with their ipod headphones in. fucking OC kids that never had to pay their dues could learn a thing from two awesome tech-punk bands, but they're too obsessed with the new madden to bother. ridiculous. i wanted to punch them all in the face.

so my lady and i went to see a wilhelm scream and strung out last night. i'm now officially convinced a wilhelm scream is the best band working right now, especially in the punk/hardcore genre. flawless performance, impeccable energy, and really good-natured guys. strung out is getting old, but three quarters of their set was still okay.

the other reason to go: the most hilarious opening band ever. "i am ghost" plays total victory records style-core. we walked in to the venue last night to see one guitar player wearing shades, looking cooler than cool while a fog machine spewed faux smoke out around him and a fan blew it across the stage. their lead singer looks EXACTLY like davey havok, right down to identical lip piercings, hair style, and black scarf with dress shirt and black lady jeans ensemble....while the chubby guitar player on the other side of the stage had his long hair blowing equisitely in the wind produced by yet another fan. their music was hilarious enough, but even better: they spent the entire wilhelm scream and strung out sets sitting on a couch in the closed-off upper balcony playing video games with their ipod headphones in. fucking OC kids that never had to pay their dues could learn a thing from two awesome tech-punk bands, but they're too obsessed with the new madden to bother. ridiculous. i wanted to punch them all in the face.

HA! (I just check out their myspace. quite hilarious)

Ran into benchwarmer at the Bouncing Souls show in Boston.

The Ergs were great, but sound better on vinyl (or cd), they looked like they were having an awesome time though; Lifetime stole the show, they killed and played a nice mix of old and new. Bouncing Souls were good, but again failed me by not diving deep enough into The Good, The Bad, The Argyle and Maniacal Laughter. Here's what they played (not in order):

Hopeless Romantic

Say Anything

That Song

Cracked

The Gold Song

Kate is Great

These Are the Quotes From Our Favorite 80’s Movies

Joe Lies

Quick Check Girl

Here We Go

East Coast, Fuck You!

Lean on Sheena

Fight to Live

Private Radio

The Something Special

No Security

Born Free

Lifetime

Gone

Kids and Heroes

Sing Along Forever

Anchors Aweigh

For All the Unheard

---Encore---

True Believers

Night on Earth

Benchwarner, it'd be killer if you can recall Lifetime's set.

All right, let me give this a shot, probably missing a few and not in order:

Lifetime's set:

Neutral Territory

Rodeo Clown

Knives, Bats, New Tats

Irony Is For Suckers

Young, Loud, And Scotty

Hey Catrine

25 Cent Giraffes

The Boy's No Good

Northbound Breakdown

Airport Monday Morning

Haircuts And T-Shirts

Just A Quiet Evening

I know I missed a few. They didn't play cut the tension, which is one of my favorite lifetime songs, but yea, good show, the sound kind of sucked the whole night. I was glad that the Souls played a bunch of old stuff, like favorite quotes form 80s movies.