Monotonix

murakami

this band is a MUST see if they hit your town. their live show was probably the most entertaining thing i have ever seen.

here are a few poorly taken phone pictures that dont do the band justice

they started the show by not setting up on stage, but on the floor...completely surrounded by the crowd

[image]

after having every garbage can on the floor emptied out and thrown all about the crowd (at one point the singer put one over the drummers head) they got to this point...

....the singer crowd surfing while playing a drum

[image]

now, during the whole set, the band moved the drum kit all over the floor. at one point, the guitarist was playing the bass drum while standing on a ledge in the back corner of the room (sadly didnt get a good picture of). by the end of the night, the drummer had probably played in 5 or six different places....

...including bringing the entire drum kit up into the 21+ balcony area

[image]

in my life of seeing shows, i have never seen anything like this. i HIGHLY recommend checking them out ASAP

They're playing around here next month...last time they came through they set up in the crowd (as you noted)...ended up on the bar, then setting the bar and the stage (which they didn't use) on fire while the singer was crowd surfing around and rockin' out

quite the radical show indeed

yeahwhen they played at Fest a couple years ago they fucking ruled...started on one side of the room and ended up finishing their set with all three band members playing on the opposite side of the room and all standing/playing on the bar of the venue! when they finished their set there was like a moment of silence, for it all to register and then literally everyone in the room was up in arms cheering and chanting holy shit! holy shit! holy shit! holy shit! over and over for like 5 minutes.

Seriously one of the best live band "performances" I've ever seen.

They took the drum set out to the parking lot mid set at my local bar, along with about half the crowd who of course took their beers. Thankfully they also set fire to the bar so the anger over the crowd and the beers quickly became "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!?!" The sweet lady who runs my bar loves to have this band back to make the locals happy, but can't be there when they are. She get too freaked out.

yeahwhen they played at Fest a couple years ago they fucking ruled...started on one side of the room and ended up finishing their set with all three band members playing on the opposite side of the room and all standing/playing on the bar of the venue! when they finished their set there was like a moment of silence, for it all to register and then literally everyone in the room was up in arms cheering and chanting holy shit! holy shit! holy shit! holy shit! over and over for like 5 minutes.

Seriously one of the best live band "performances" I've ever seen.

I was there for this and it ruled especially when the crowd yelled holy shit for five minutes. i saw them two more times, in a basement bar at the claremont colleges and then again at F Yeah Fest two years ago where they took show out of the club and onto Sunset Blvd.

Seeing them friday in Austin, one of the best live bands I've ever seen.

I was there for this and it ruled especially when the crowd yelled holy shit for five minutes. i saw them two more times, in a basement bar at the claremont colleges and then again at F Yeah Fest two years ago where they took show out of the club and onto Sunset Blvd.

Seeing them friday in Austin, one of the best live bands I've ever seen.

seriously! people never believe me but it was like 3-5 minutes of chanting holy shit over and over! it was so fucking unreal!

This band is insane live. Saw them last year at the Fuck Yeah Fest in Philly with Paint It Black, Dillinger Four, Matt & Kim, and the Circle Jerks. The whole show was amazing, but these guys were wild on a whole new level. At one point they went running out the side door and marching down the street with a snare drum just screaming. It was awesome.

for anyone interested, here are the remaining tour dates. if you miss them playing in your hometown, shame on you for six weeks

Tue 09/29/09 Memphis, TN Hi-Tone Cafe

Wed 09/30/09 Indianapolis, IN Murphy Building Studio 8

Thu 10/01/09 Madison, WI High Noon Saloon

Fri 10/02/09 Minneapolis, MN Triple Rock Social Club

Sat 10/03/09 Chicago, IL Logan Square Auditorium

Sun 10/04/09 Detroit, MI Magic Stick

Mon 10/05/09 Cleveland, OH Now That's Class

Tue 10/06/09 Detroit, MI Magic Stick

Wed 10/07/09 Toronto, ON Velvet Underground

Thu 10/08/09 Hamilton, ON The Casbah

Fri 10/09/09 New York, NY Santos Party House

Sat 10/10/09 Brooklyn, NY Market Hotel