Beatles Remastered on Vinyl

Go to a used record store or two, you can grab all of these records for pennies compared to what you will pay for these remastered cash grabs.

Let me know where you can get these for pennies, or you could be a doll and pick them up for me wherever you saw them at :)

Go to a used record store or two, you can grab all of these records for pennies compared to what you will pay for these remastered cash grabs.

Not true. All the used stores I've seen them in have them for incredibly inflated prices, even if they are in shit condition.

same here & that was before all the gutiar hero b/s

Not true. All the used stores I've seen them in have them for incredibly inflated prices, even if they are in shit condition.

I've run into the same thing.

Masters are also done using the UK pressings. Back in the day US law prevented all the tracks form appearing on the albums in most cases plus any Beatles guru will tell you that those pressings sounded 100 times better then any US pressing.

Might really be worth picking up a re-master, I know I will for at least 2 albums.

doubt this will happen for a long time. ive read a lot of interviews with the people who worked on these current cd remasters and they were very clear that these were specifically mastered for cds. they said if they ever released them digitally (itunes) they would have a complete new remaster process to have them specifically for digital outlets. they said this worried them because they know that a huge number of people will be experiencing the new remasters by ripping them to their computers and hearing compressed files and that is not how these should be listened to.

so if digital files and cds are that much different to them, imagine how much work and time would go into remastering the vinyl.

But maybe, just maybe, they were secretly mastering for vinyl all along while they were mastering the CDs.

Also, how much difference can the mastering make when listening to MP3s vs. CDs? It's still a digital file, compressing it is going to lose some fidelity, but I don't see how you'd need to master it differently.

But maybe, just maybe, they were secretly mastering for vinyl all along while they were mastering the CDs.

Also, how much difference can the mastering make when listening to MP3s vs. CDs? It's still a digital file, compressing it is going to lose some fidelity, but I don't see how you'd need to master it differently.

really not sure exactly. but they seemed pretty sure about it. its all about how these cds are the most uncompressed of any beatles releases ever. and the vinyl was super compressed back in the sixties. and of course mp3s are compressed so in their eyes (or more accurately, ears) mp3s ruin the sound of the remastered cds.

the folks over at apple and abbey road agree that if they are going to release the beatles records they need to spend years remastering them for the specific medium they are being released in. and you know beatles enthusiasts would have a fit if it was dont any differently.

Masters are also done using the UK pressings. Back in the day US law prevented all the tracks form appearing on the albums in most cases plus any Beatles guru will tell you that those pressings sounded 100 times better then any US pressing.

Might really be worth picking up a re-master, I know I will for at least 2 albums.

The first 2 Beatles albums are the only good ones. The rest were just lame. Second, it isnt hard to find an older cheaper copy of a beatles record online.