document.write('+':tnikvn8o]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Yup what Minty said.

Taking a piss, as in "i am going to take a piss before i leave" - Urinating/taking a leak

Taking the piss, as in "i have been taking the piss out of her all day" - Mocking/ridiculing

Taking the piss, as in "$500, you must be taking the piss" - emphasising something you disagree with by implying some one is joking with you.

Urban dictionary doesn't always get it right.

Guest markovianprocess
Yup what Minty said.

Taking a piss, as in "i am going to take a piss before i leave" - Urinating/taking a leak

Taking the piss, as in "i have been taking the piss out of her all day" - Mocking/ridiculing

Taking the piss, as in "$500, you must be taking the piss" - emphasising something you disagree with by implying some one is joking with you.

Words to live by.

Yup what Minty said.

I'm almost certain that's somewhat of a UK thing, as I've never once heard anybody use the phrase "taking the piss" outside of this very thread. From my experience, it has always been "taking a piss", both in the literal sense and the mocking/ridiculing sense.

(Urbandictionary states that "taking the piss" is of British/Australian origins, which could explain why I've never ever heard that expression in the US. Though manicdogbert's use boggles my mind.)

Muse always swap roles when they are required to Lip Sync, they did it on Live & Kicking just after Origin came out and Walstenholme did lead vocals/guitar, swung his guitar round his neck when the riff on New Born kicked in, looked BAD ASS!

they all "played" their own instruments on that one, but took the piss doing it

Yup what Minty said.

I'm almost certain that's somewhat of a UK thing, as I've never once heard anybody use the phrase "taking the piss" outside of this very thread. From my experience, it has always been "taking a piss", both in the literal sense and the mocking/ridiculing sense.

(Urbandictionary states that "taking the piss" is of British/Australian origins, which could explain why I've never ever heard that expression in the US. Though manicdogbert's use boggles my mind.)

sorry to bring this back up again, but saying "are you taking a piss?" is the equivilant to saying "oh man, this food is a shit!" instead of "is the shit".