So what does everyone think about "Community"?

casey

I thought the pilot was hilarious. The second episode was slightly less amusing, but I think the characters and writing are mostly solid. I can see the Aved dude getting on my nerves pretty soon, but Chevy Chase is perfectly cast. Still, it's competing in my mind with My Name is Earl, which I just realized got cancelled.

The pilot and last night were both great (you're right that last night lost a little something). I think it has the potential to get annoying with Jeff winning Brita over, then not, then winner her over, then not...which I feel is going to be a strong plot line for a while. I like Aved. That Breakfast Club scene in the first episode won me over. Chevy is brilliant. So is the younger guy whose name I can't remember (the guy who still wears his old high school football jacket). The rest of the characters are pretty disposable right now, though.

Overall, a solid B+ as it stands now.

The pilot and last night were both great (you're right that last night lost a little something). I think it has the potential to get annoying with Jeff winning Brita over, then not, then winner her over, then not...which I feel is going to be a strong plot line for a while. I like Aved. That Breakfast Club scene in the first episode won me over. Chevy is brilliant. So is the younger guy whose name I can't remember (the guy who still wears his old high school football jacket). The rest of the characters are pretty disposable right now, though.

Overall, a solid B+ as it stands now.

All of this.

Also, the throwaway gag at the end of last night's episode with Aved and the jock rapping in nonsensical Spanish had me laughing pretty hard.

The rest of the characters are pretty disposable right now, though.

Yeah. I had a huge groan when the black lady and the young girl had their little giggle-fest about the protest and the ensuing brownies.

Yeah, this. It's too bad, because that brunette is pretty sexy (have you seen her on Mad Men?) and they really don't let any of that shine on Community.