VINYL COLLECTIVE/SUBURBAN HOME For Life (Every Rec

Guest admin1338560633

Insearchof that is a winner of an avatar. My cousins xbox gamer tag is billfoster.

BUT...

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BUY THE VC FOR LIFE, DON'T FUCKING BUY IT. DO YOU THINK 5% OF PEOPLE THAT INVEST IN STOCKS LOOK AT THE FINANCIAL REPORTS OF THAT COMPANY? AND EVEN IF THEY DID THEY WOULDN'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THEY WERE LOOKING AT. WITH THE RISE IN POPULARITY OF SHIT LIKE E*TRADE THAT NUMBER IS PROBABLY 1%. SO STFU.

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/8ido18000001xz5p-att/FY08_20F_PDF.pdf

Read this shit if you have a few days.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Vinyl Collective/Suburban Home for Life offer ends when either Vinyl Collective/Suburban Home dies "

SHOULDNT THIS LINE TERRIFY THE SHIT OUT OF YOU?

I'm not sure why it should. Do they I die if they do?

are you fucking drunk? you agreed to a stipulation that "the deal lasts as long as our failing label does". wasnt anyone suspicious about the complete lack of fine print other than THAT? 6 months down the line when shit is like a forgotten mad max desert wasteland here, you think youre getting a refund for the 90 records you didnt get? fuck no, they used your money to pay a fraction of what they owed, its gone, but they still aint getting any records pressed. labels dead, deal is over, you agreed to it.

if you like vinyl so much, spend $1000 to press a record. then at least you KNOW youll actually get a few hundred records.

are you fucking drunk? you agreed to a stipulation that "the deal lasts as long as our failing label does". wasnt anyone suspicious about the complete lack of fine print other than THAT? 6 months down the line when shit is like a forgotten mad max desert wasteland here, you think youre getting a refund for the 90 records you didnt get? fuck no, they used your money to pay a fraction of what they owed, its gone, but they still aint getting any records pressed. labels dead, deal is over, you agreed to it.

if you like vinyl so much, spend $1000 to press a record. then at least you KNOW youll actually get a few hundred records.

Boris makes an essential point here, and one that people really need to think about if they intend on spending 1,000 dollars on this. What if VC / SH is gone in 6 months? From what I'm hearing, this is not totally unfeasable. A friend here in the UK pointed out this deal is kind of like Scientology - the golden carrot of 100 records per three year period "forever" is like the secret OT3 level - once you're in you want it soooo bad (because everyone else is telling you it's the best thing ever) that you front the massive amount of cash, but are inevitably left let down and suicidal when you realise you've been duped and the fuckers have run off with your money.

I'm interested to see how things pan out over the next few months for Virgil's New World Order grand plan here, especially as I have personally been on the receiving end of his "business practices" a few years ago.

everyone needs to relax. If you don't believe in this offer. don't do it. Yes, there is a risk. If this offer guranteed 1,000 records, everyone would do it. I will tell you this. let's say that god forbid we close up shop in 6 months (which won't happen), we will take care of the 11 people who take advantage of this offer.

In the 14 years I have fun suburban home, this isn't the first time, we have seen financial issues. We will get through them.

the person asking about us being on hold with a plant, we are working down that debt and in the meantime pressing records at another plant. WE have 12 records in press right now that are all coming through just fine.

I value everyone's opinion on this matter, but like I said before, this offer is not for everyone. If it isn't for you, That's Fine. If someone else goes for it, That's Fine.

I did just reread my comment, sorry for the error. Anyhow I don't really see losing $1,000 as "terrifying". That said, I didn't buy a subscription because I don't buy everything they put out and it may take me a bit longer to recoup $1,000, in terms of merchandise I enjoy. But if I had $1,000 to burn and enjoyed everything a label did, I wouldn't mind doing it (knowing I may never see a return on the investment). But you're entitled to think it's a scam and not be involved. I'd never ask someone to put their money in something they thought was foolish.

Also, I have put more than $1,000 into pressing records (I don't really know what you could get for $1,000 anyhow), so be prepared, to get stoked to not buy those.

"SUBURBAN HOME SHOTGUNATOR - SUBURBAN HOME SHOTGUNATOR 2.5"

you considered a shotgunator a release?

wouldn't you?

we gave it a catalog number, and a barcode and sold it to distributors so yes, we considered it a release by that measure.

Seriously. Why do these trolls care? Are they looking out for everyone's best interest? I don't think so. They're just trolls. Have you ever heard "Two Cow Garage" or "Ninja Gun" or are you just dissing them because of their funny names? Both are excellent bands, and no I didn't shell out the $1000.

scrolling text is scrolling!!!

It sure is!

LOL at the hollows cat. For the record, I have two copies of the same pressing in case I want to listen to the record more than once... ::)

Also, it is hillarious that most of your posts involve hyping your ebay auctions. Seriously though, I have multiple copies of the same pressing because I plan on starting a distro one day so I can be more punk than those who don't have a distro. Oi Oi Oi!