thank fucking god the Olympics are not coming here

rofflez at the top comments:

dolfan10701 10/2/2009 10:37:23 AM

Ha Ha Ha, now if only the national media would give the same credence to Obama that the IOC did. Hey Barack, hows that egg on your face feel. Impeach Obama!!!!

crunch_52 10/2/2009 10:36:04 AM

We should have sent Sarah....

I'm not surprised much.

seriously, neither am I. But I was worried.

I love Chicago more than any other city I've ever been to, but goddman would it be a total clusterfuck if they were held here. we can't afford to keep the city running with the normal level of people in the city on a given work day...and adding a couple extra 10's of thousands of people would screw shit up like you wouldn't believe.

Hey Justin, as I'm on the far west side of the country, can I ask why you wouldn't want the olympics there? It makes no difference to me, though I do think it's some bullshit we were voted out in the first round. Tokyo didn't even take their bid seriously.

I don't know how to verbalize the level of incompetence on the part of the city and disruption this would cause to people to people that live and work in the city.

the city just could not handle the extra traffic in any way shape or form. they'd have to build extra sports arenas, the highway system is a total clusterfuck(ask anyone that has crawled for 2 hours through the circle interchange or up the edens expressway). We already have the highest sales tax in the country and are still broke. nothing ever gets finished on time and I guarantee you there would be several olympian athletes that wouldn't make it to the arena in time to complete because they were caught in traffic of some sort. We would be the laughing stock of the world because it would just go wrong in every conceivable way.

Hey Justin, as I'm on the far west side of the country, can I ask why you wouldn't want the olympics there? It makes no difference to me, though I do think it's some bullshit we were voted out in the first round. Tokyo didn't even take their bid seriously.

I don't know how to verbalize the level of incompetence on the part of the city and disruption this would cause to people to people that live and work in the city.

the city just could not handle the extra traffic in any way shape or form. they'd have to build extra sports arenas, the highway system is a total clusterfuck(ask anyone that has crawled for 2 hours through the circle interchange or up the edens expressway). We already have the highest sales tax in the country and are still broke. nothing ever gets finished on time and I guarantee you there would be several olympian athletes that wouldn't make it to the arena in time to complete because they were caught in traffic of some sort. We would be the laughing stock of the world because it would just go wrong in every conceivable way.

QFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':2o0mqdmj]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':2o0mqdmj]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Is there really any positive to getting the olympics?

Lots of public work projects and a boost to the travel industry.

For 18 days. No one wants to go to a city that had the Olympics. The infrastructure improvements are nice, but Chicago has pretty much maxed out it inner-city public transportation so I'm not sure what they were planning on doing.