Converge-Axe To Fall (Holy Shit!)

ya, i was never into converge. i can totally respect what they have done for that style of music and all but they have never really clicked with me i guess.

now the new record on the other hand... i have been playing it non-stop. (i know jake posts here so i will go ahead and apologize for having a downloaded version i got from a friend, i plan on buying the record at a show and could not resist after hearing darkhorse!)

i need to check out that doomriders record too, i loved the last one. every time i listen to it i have this rediculous montage in my head of municipal waste live, that scene in haggard where the metal dudes are up on the hill breaking bottles and drinking, riots, and lastly funneling beers when i was underage on spring break in panama city and projectile vommiting. basically all the ragers i have ever seen happening at once.

I've been listening to AtF pretty much everyday. At least twice a day, especially in my work truck. The album works perfectly as a whole.

If I had to choose a favorite track, right now it's "Cruel Bloom" w/ Steve Von Till on vocals. There is something beautifully brutal about it.

Expect a review on Mammoth Press soon.