PO: GOOD OLD WAR "Only Way To Be Alone" LP brown/g

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

GOOD OLD WAR "Only Way To Be Alone" LP brown/gold swirl vinyl

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/VCSHOUSEGOWLP

If you haven't heard this album, it is one of my favorites of the last year. Think Simon and Garfunkel updated for 2009. The band is so talented. I got to see them play for the first time about a month ago with Honorary Title and Cory Branan. They nailed the 3 part harmonies and just performed flawlessly and when you see a band like this play, you know they just love what they do. The record should be here around the middle of November and the pressing is out of 1,000 copies. Get this album. This record will go out of print. Man, I am so stoked to hear this.

When I saw them play a few months ago I purchased their cd.. they kept thanking me for coming out. I almost felt bad for them.. like they had no fans and were in love with the idea of someone wanting their music. I dont know where you got this idea that they were jerks.. but I fear you're gravely mistaken allison. :/

also, preordered!

this album is good, but it got ruined for me when i found out what jerks these guys were.

What are you talking about? These guys are pretty top notch in terms of the "good dudes" category.

they put on a great show when i saw them, but im good friends with the promoters of the show they played (with the honorary title and cory branan) and they said that they had a huge list of demands for things they wanted, and when they walked into the venue, they complained that it 'wasn't a venue' and they 'shouldn't even be playing there'. my friends said that cory branan was one of the nicest dudes ever, though.

What are you talking about? These guys are pretty top notch in terms of the "good dudes" category.

they put on a great show when i saw them, but im good friends with the promoters of the show they played (with the honorary title and cory branan) and they said that they had a huge list of demands for things they wanted, and when they walked into the venue, they complained that it 'wasn't a venue' and they 'shouldn't even be playing there'. my friends said that cory branan was one of the nicest dudes ever, though.

You sure they weren't talking about the Honorary Title? That Jared dude is a total priss.

• 3 weeks later...

You sure they weren't talking about the Honorary Title? That Jared dude is a total priss.

I can vouch for this as I personally witnessed it when they last played here :( Good Old War seemed like good guys. My brother's band opened the show here and said they were really nice.

A-Money, maybe they had a bad day...

For the record, the dude in question from THT blows.

This sounds right. When I saw the Honorary Title live, the dude was being so pompous onstage. Talking about his sexual conquests, blowjobs he got, at an all ages show with lots of kids present.

For the record, the dude in question from THT blows.

Honest to goodness, I'm hoping you promoter friend is sorely mistaken. I've talked to the Good Old War guys ooodles of times, gone to tons of their shows here in Philly (it helps that they're from here) and those boys are as sweet as pie. Especially Dan. And they always seem so happy and positive about playing anywhere. The last time I saw them was at Main Street Music on Record Store Day. I'm hard pressed to believe they'd bitch about not playing in a "real venue" if they were super enthused about playing in a super tiny record store.

I REALLY need this record. I've been waiting for a long ass time for it. I've bugged the guys about it for so long and I'm glad it's finally got the vinyl treatment.

• 2 weeks later...