Drag Me To Hell

I'm sure there was talk of this when it was released in the theaters, but the Search function sucks and I couldn't find it.

Anyway, it's on DVD now and I just watched it this weekend. Probably the best horror movie to come out since "28 Days Later". So creepy and gross with just a small amount of Evil Dead-esque humor thrown in.

A must see for any horror fan.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought it was good. Didn't blow my mind, but the wife was seriously freaked out. B+

I'm curious what horror films that have come out in the past 15 years would get your A or above rating?

Inside, Blair Witch, May, Dustdevil, the Descent, Trick r' Treat, Hard Candy, A Tale of Two Sisters, the Ring, Ginger Snaps, Cemetery Man, Devil's Backbone, the Orphanage, the first 7/8ths of High Tension, Perfect Blue, Ils, Scream, Re-Cycle to name a few.

I'm curious what horror films that have come out in the past 15 years would get your A or above rating?

Inside, Blair Witch, May, Dustdevil, the Descent, Trick r' Treat, Hard Candy, A Tale of Two Sisters, the Ring, Ginger Snaps, Cemetery Man, Devil's Backbone, the Orphanage, the first 7/8ths of High Tension, Perfect Blue, Ils, Scream, Re-Cycle to name a few.

Blair Witch made me think you're retarded. Cemetery Man made me think you're awesome. Now I'm just confused.

to this list i would also add Cronos and Let the Right one In.

also +1 for even knowing about Dustdevil.

Blair Witch made me think you're retarded. Cemetery Man made me think you're awesome. Now I'm just confused.

If Blair Witch wasn't the international news story it became, and instead was simply a small indie film people discovered over time it would get a lot more love from horror buffs. It's a great example of a wonderful, but flawed, horror film that gets unfairly judged because of the hype. The ending twenty minutes still creeps me out. I'm a hardcore horror nut. If you'd like a list that goes back more than 15 years I'll get even dorkier.

to this list i would also add Cronos and Let the Right one In.

also +1 for even knowing about Dustdevil.

I cannot believe I left off Let the Right One In. Cronos is also brilliant, but is a solid B+ in my book. I'd probably give Pans Labyrinth a A as well. Dust Devil is the most underrated horror movie of the last twenty years. I got the limited four disc DVD that came out a few years ago. It comes with the work print, the directors cut, a soundtrack cd, and three insane documentaries the film maker did. Shit is epic.

"Blair Witch" is a thing that is perfect. for serious. i saw it at the drive-in and almost cried, i was so fucking terrified.

Its extremely nerve racking but you really have to pay attention to it. It builds up perfectly.

Also all of my roommates watched Drag Me To Hell today. They said it was terrible and incredibly unrealistic at times. I have no idea what its even about or if its supposed to be realistic but i was disappointed based on their review.

i liked this movie. the ending made me hate justin long even more. dude is such a pussy. i felt almost kinda dirty after the movie ended. haha.

brennan, it's from the guy who did evil dead. tons of comic/campy/tasteless abuse to the main character, tons of scares that just leave you laughing because they're so ridiculous. in words, it sounds cheap, but watching it i was on the edge for most of the movie.

"Blair Witch" is a thing that is perfect. for serious. i saw it at the drive-in and almost cried, i was so fucking terrified.

What?!? There's nothing scary about it. You keep waiting for something scary to happen, but nothing does. It's more of a "Psychological Thriller" than a "Horror" movie. OMG! There's a dude standing in the corner of a basement. Scary!

Fuck that movie.

Its extremely nerve racking but you really have to pay attention to it. It builds up perfectly.

Also all of my roommates watched Drag Me To Hell today. They said it was terrible and incredibly unrealistic at times. I have no idea what its even about or if its supposed to be realistic but i was disappointed based on their review.

If you're idea of a great horror movie is Scream, you probably won't like it. If you like 70's and 80's horror movies, you'll love it.

I'm not sure how "realistic" a movie about supernatural shit is supposed to be.

What?!? There's nothing scary about it. You keep waiting for something scary to happen, but nothing does. It's more of a "Psychological Thriller" than a "Horror" movie. OMG! There's a dude standing in the corner of a basement. Scary!

Fuck that movie.

it took me 3 viewings of Blair Witch to even get why the dude standing in the corner was supposed to be scary.

Fuck that movie.

it took me 3 viewings of Blair Witch to even get why the dude standing in the corner was supposed to be scary.

But it's not scary. That's the point. All the "horror" is in their minds.