Visitors to VC: Fireworks

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

Fireworks (10-16-09) Dave from Fireworks stopped by without the band the last time those guys were in town, but this time the entire band showed up. They picked up a few records, had a few beers, and shot the shit. I don't know these guys well, but they seem like good folks. They played Denver with Hit the Lights but most of us were unable to make it. They are good buds with the Swellers and any friend of the Swellers are friends of ours. If you see these guys on tour, make sure you buy them a tasty beer or two. Not sure if all the guys are beer fans, but 3 of the guys seemed to like the Colorado beer that resides in our fridge.

See other visitors to Vinyl Collective here

http://www.vinylcollective.com/visitors-of-vc/

Is Hit The Lights any good? They're playing this club literally 2 blocks from my dorm in a few days. I recognized the name, but haven't ever heard them.

i personally love Hit The Lights but if you didn't dig Fireworks then you probably won't be into HTL. somewhat riffy pop punk/rock with some pretty light breakdowns and high vocals haha.

Also, Virgil, did you ever put any more thought into that idea I had about the "VC visitor discount"? My idea was that whatever record(s) the visitor(s) to VC picked out, those would be marked down, like, 5% or something that day only. Kind of a fun little mini-sale.

I think it is a neat idea for sure. just haven't had time to make it happen, but I will one day.

that first record is tigers jaw, not sure what the 2nd record is