Vandals and Blink 182 repress news!

If Kung Fu records are getting pressed via Cobraside, they need to do Bigwig - ...Stay Asleep and some Ozma records.

I wish spending time on the borderline was pressed, but i really dont think it would sell :-/

also i wish rock and roll pt 3 was pressed, but not as a picture disc. the sound quality on it (even for a picture disc) is horrible.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but in this instance your opinion is WRONG!!!

Anarchy Burger? Wanna Be Manor? Urban Legend? Pirates Life?

And if When in Rome gets repressed too you get: Ladykiller, Mohawk Town and Master Race in Outer Space.

Those songs are better than anything Blink 182 has or will ever release.

false.

Are you really going to argue that anything Blink 182 has or will put out will stand the test of time next to early Vandals releases?

Geez, didn't know I'd cause so much shit, I'm just saying, I'm not really pumped about the repress of Peace Thru Vandalism, or Buddha either, but I'd still choose Dude Ranch or Cheshire over Peace Thru Vandalism anyday.

I just like arguing. But I firmly believe the Vandals early output bests anything Blink 182 did or will do.

Geez, didn't know I'd cause so much shit, I'm just saying, I'm not really pumped about the repress of Peace Thru Vandalism, or Buddha either, but I'd still choose Dude Ranch or Cheshire over Peace Thru Vandalism anyday.

I just like arguing. But I firmly believe the Vandals early output bests anything Blink 182 did or will do.

The Vandals are a band that I scratch my head wondering how people ever got into.

The Vandals are a band that I scratch my head wondering how people ever got into.

I can understand that with newish Vandals stuff. But the original Vandals from the Peace Thru Vandalism/When In Rome... era were punk rock pioneers (in my opinion). Even the first two Vandals albums with Dave Q. on vocals are great, despite their poppiness.

I was just being a wise-ass calling that one guy's opinion wrong. I just love classic Vandals.

It isn't even a great Vandals EP though

I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but in this instance your opinion is WRONG!!!

Anarchy Burger? Wanna Be Manor? Urban Legend? Pirates Life?

And if When in Rome gets repressed too you get: Ladykiller, Mohawk Town and Master Race in Outer Space.

Those songs are better than anything Blink 182 has or will ever release.

Thank you! I don't care what anyone says, those two records are CLASSIC. Whether it's better or not depends on your taste, but their importance in punk rock history far surpasses Blink's, in my opinion...but then again I'm a HUGE early LA/OC scene fan...

I have an original of Peace Thru Vandalism. I saw a copy of When In Rome on the wall at a record store in Baltimore last week for $20, and I'm pretty bummed I didn't go back and pick it up before I came home. Oh well.

So over the last couple days i have been trading emails with Joe Escalante and asked about some represses, more specifically the BIGWIG - Stay Asleep and he said now that they are getting the hang of pressing records again it has a chance of being pressed down the line. Even though its not a definite Yes, it still gives me hope.

logically thinking...blink182 are better than the vandals. if better means more accomplished. if anything, it's because they appeal to a mass audience as opposed to a smaller, confined, generally hater-ish community.

Better does not mean more accomplished. A lot of shitty bands sell tons of records, make lots of money and appeal to wide audiences. That doesn't mean that their songs are better and that the impact the make in punk rock is stronger. When the dust settles, the Vandals will still be seen as punk rock pioneers (despite their later output, which hasn't been great) where Blink 182 will be remembered as a pop band that tied in some punk rock elements.

Look at some of the garbage out there that sells millions of copies and makes tons of money. Does that mean that band is "better" than a smaller band that doesn't sell as much? No.

Would be kinda lame. The only tracks they kept from the actual live tracks was Travis' drum parts. Tom and Mark's parts were re-tracked in a studio. Technically not a live album.

What? Give me info or it didn't happen.

Have you ever seen them live? It's pretty obvious that it's re-tracked. And one of my professors worked in the studio they re-tracked in. Reliable source.

Hey everybody. Interpunk has all these up for pre order now. The Blink is limited to 300 on orange. Also both have picture disc available.

Blink 182-

http://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=174804&

http://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=174805&

Vandals-

http://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=174768&

http://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=174806&