Windows 7

I think I'm one of the few people who have had no problems with Vista. I waited until after Sp1 though. I've been using it for about a year now and really like it. I absolutely love Windows 7 though, so I'm thinking about taking the plunge.

I'd like to do a fresh install, but I'm thinking of just upgrading. I don't really have the time anymore and I don't want to risk messing up my iTunes library (ratings, playlists, etc)

Guest eriathomas

I plan on upgrading, if I can get it cheap. My school used to offer cheap MS products, but htey stopped a few years ago. When they did we had to sign some waiver and get put into a system so we could only buy one copy. It was lame.

Edit: Kirby I never had any problems with Vista either, but I also started after SP1, so maybe that had something to do with it.

can i upgrade my copy of xp i have a toshiba satellite from 06'

i know it depends on my processor i just opened my control panel and got this info

(i dont know much about computers)

genuine intel® CPU

t2050 @ 1.6GHz

1.60 GHz, .99 GB of RAM

would i be able to?

looks like you would be able to. with XP you can buy the upgrade, but technically you don't upgrade it, it'd be a fresh install. how much drive space do you have? i think you need atleast 16 GB of free space to do the install

this is from Microsofts website. hope it helps:

If you want to run Windows 7 on your PC, here's what it takes:

1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)

16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

can i upgrade my copy of xp i have a toshiba satellite from 06'

i know it depends on my processor i just opened my control panel and got this info

(i dont know much about computers)

genuine intel® CPU

t2050 @ 1.6GHz

1.60 GHz, .99 GB of RAM

would i be able to?

looks like you would be able to. with XP you can buy the upgrade, but technically you don't upgrade it, it'd be a fresh install. how much drive space do you have? i think you need atleast 16 GB of free space to do the install

is drive space just my hardrive?

i have a 120 gb hd

and i would have to back up everything and after i install 7 it would be like turning on a new computer right?