Big Apple announcement today

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys really have enough music to warrant a 160? i mean, i've got an 80 and it's still only 3/4 full.

I have over 100gb of music on my computer.

I also would like to watch a video or two on my iPod. Something I can't do at the moment.

agreed, I have 139gb on my computer, but would love to have some videos and pictures as well!

the space on the ipod touch is disappointing

I agree.

I don't know if I missed this (I didn't pay too much attention to the iPod Touch after seeing how little it holds)... is the iPod Touch's internet capability exactly the same as the iPhone (just without phone capabilities)? If so, is there a monthly fee for the net capabilities or do you just connect to free Wi-Fi hotspots and such?

Guest falloutcollapse

i'm going to get the 160gig sometime in the next week because of my upgrade warranty with best buy. now all i have to do is figure out a way to break my 80gig without voiding the warranty...

i'm going to get the 160gig sometime in the next week because of my upgrade warranty with best buy. now all i have to do is figure out a way to break my 80gig without voiding the warranty...

I've heard of people putting their cell phones in microwaves in order to damage it in a not so obvious way so as to get a replacement. I don't know if that will work for you.

I'm sure with a little creative googling you could find a good way to kill an iPod that won't void the warranty.

I didn't find that to be a good read, because the guy didn't really want an iPod, he wanted a phone. The article was pointless in that aspect. The iPod Touch is for people who like the technology contained within the iPhone, but don't need/want a new phone. I work as a perfect example in this scenario. I would buy the iPod Touch if it had more space. However, I will not buy an iPhone at the moment because I have an amazing contract with Sprint ($15 a month that includes unlimited txt and internet).

as of now ive decided to eventually upgrade to the 160gb ipod classic....maybe an i touch in a couple years when they actually offer a decent amount of space for a good price. i think the ipod touch may appeal to me more if i didnt already have a sidekick but it just seems very lame that its an iphone minus the phone

the ipod touch appeals to people that want ipod nano's. the touch is the same storage as the nano but for only 100 bucks more. so it's a little bigger physically, but it's a much better device, and it'll sell well, just on the new technology. and the price drop on the iphone is genius. but i personally can't imagine having something like an ipod without the ability to have every piece of my music available to me at all times. so the 16gb is worthless to me. so i agree with loren that i'll probably get a touch in a few years when they've got 160gb version.

I have a new, quite well working 80GB but I can see the 160GB and bigger being good for toting around movies and such. Especially because there's some nice video docks with big 7" screens. That's a travel dream.

I might get a touch in the far off future to replace the 4GB Nano I currently have. Maybe. I like using it with a nice little gadget and having it be my "radio." No carrying CDs, so nice.

that was there mistake they made an ipod thats more suited for movies and browsing the internet but didnt give it enough memory they need to make one thats 160gb then i would buy one to store all my movies. I travel alot so having a selection of movies/tv shows on an ipod with a bigger screen would be awesome.

that was there mistake they made an ipod thats more suited for movies and browsing the internet but didnt give it enough memory they need to make one thats 160gb then i would buy one to store all my movies. I travel alot so having a selection of movies/tv shows on an ipod with a bigger screen would be awesome.

Give it time young skywalker, give it time. Once flash memory comes down in price I think you'll see the toy you desire.

apple doesn't make mistakes.

okay, they've made a few mistakes (hockey puck mouse), but the ipod is the one market they know they have on absolute lockdown. what're you gonna do instead, buy a zune?

i laugh.