know anyone getting married? [photo content]

yay for shameless self promotion!

i do wedding photography, and if you, or anyone you know, is getting married anything soon/in the near or distant future, i would love to shoot your wedding!

i'm trying to get out of a crappy job and have my own photo business, so i'm trying to build up clientel, which is largely from word of mouth.

i also do promos for bands, engagement pictures, headshots, and most anything else you can think of.

here are some examples of my wedding stuff. let me know what you think!

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

check out my flickr for more: http://www.flickr.com/photos/allisonefrankphoto/

thanks! :] and i totally agree with you. i'm big on the photo journalistic style of shooting.

i have so so many more photos than these that i just need to go through and edit. if i'm shooting by myself i usually wind up shooting between 1200 and 1400 images over 8 hours.

thanks! :]

most of the things that you remember most from your wedding day are totally unplanned.

i actually enjoy being the second shooter sometimes because it gives you time to take candids while the first shooter is doing formals.

the wedding i shot last weekend, the bride's dad went NUTS on the dance floor. so hilarious.

[image]

[image]

My best friend is getting married in Cleveland in July. I'll send him your stuff to see what they think. I don't know if they have something already planned out though. How much would you charge?

probably $800 plus travel expenses, but it's negotiable.

since i've only been doing the wedding thing for one season, i'm trying to stay really really reasonable for now.

i've been shooting both for friends and acquaintances and freelance through a company recently on weekends i don't have my own shoots booked.

my sister happens to be getting married next july also and since i'm the maid of honor and can't shoot it myself, she's paying around $2500 for some guy from pittsburgh, much to my dad's dismay, haha. so really the third weekend in july is the only one that wouldn't be good for me.

Looks great Allison. Who's gonna shoot our wedding when we get married?

thanks! and i'll just have to make another wedding photography thread, only this time soliciting a photographer! ;]

Wish you'd done my wedding. Never trust friends to do the pictures.

man i would have loved to! yeah, hiring a friend with an SLR is rarely a good idea. i feel like photography is the one thing you want to make sure gets done right for your wedding, because that's what you have for the rest of your life to remember it by. my friend has a saying 'cheap photography isn't good, and good photography isn't cheap'.

That would be rad to have a VCer shot my wedding, but im still in the ring shopping phase and i am also in florida.

i would love to travel! based in central PA, available worldwide ;]

i'd give you a VC discount, but i would ask you to cover travel expenses. think about it!

Looks great Allison. Who's gonna shoot our wedding when we get married?

thanks! and i'll just have to make another wedding photography thread, only this time soliciting a photographer! ;]

Wish you'd done my wedding. Never trust friends to do the pictures.

man i would have loved to! yeah, hiring a friend with an SLR is rarely a good idea. i feel like photography is the one thing you want to make sure gets done right for your wedding, because that's what you have for the rest of your life to remember it by. my friend has a saying 'cheap photography isn't good, and good photography isn't cheap'.

dude was a professional, but also a drunk. :(

haha alan, if you fly me to texas i will take a kajillion pictures for your buddies.

i'd fly you to texas just for the awesome times that would be had, we can go to House Of Pies and AaronDangers dad's awesome hot dog place where the hot dogs are all named after horror movies, and are delicious beyond compare.

what kind of lighting equipment do you use?

i use almost all alienbee stuff. i have an alienbee B800 and a B1600, and a Nikon SB600.

as far as modifiers go, i use a 28" westcott apollo softbox, alienbee gridspots, white shoot through umbrellas, and an alienbee boom arm.

i really back that company cuz the stuff has never failed me. i ever got caught in the pouring down rain on location for a band shoot once and it still works fine.