YOUR BAND

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in bands for quite a while, but haven't been in one in a year or so. I miss it alot. The first band I was in was a nerd rock band with my brother and one of our best friends. Complete with Nerf Herder covers. The band I was in most recently in was probably my most...I don't know...accomplished? I suppose that word is appropriate. I didn't have as much fun as the first, nor is it music I'm into that much, but it was fun to write and play. I had a good time. I'm rambling.

www.myspace.com/armsandthemanising

The last band I was in, Corner Club, was so long ago, we only had an MP3.com page. Shit pre-dated Purevolume AND Myspace! Then MP3.com closed and re-opened after being bought out by some corporation, and all was lost.

We were pretty good, though. Female-fronted indie rock, kind of a middle ground between Rainer Maria and Discount.

The last band I was in, Corner Club, was so long ago, we only had an MP3.com page. Shit pre-dated Purevolume AND Myspace! Then MP3.com closed and re-opened after being bought out by some corporation, and all was lost.

We were pretty good, though. Female-fronted indie rock, kind of a middle ground between Rainer Maria and Discount.

Hahaha, that's amazing. My first band, A Modest Proposal (as in the essay about eating babies), had an Mp3 site. I was so pissed when that got taken down. I suppose I never saw Myspace coming.

i like the cut of your jib

pardon my n00bness.... what does that mean?

it means i dig, i dig. for a more specific, scholarly definition, check out a combination of these fine sites:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cut+of+your+jib

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=jib

im one of 5 vocalists for a joke band called Hardcore Karaoke Pile-On Extravaganza!.. sadly we're actually doing really well.. next month we're opening for Big D and Bomb the Music Industry! and we actually draw a bunch of kids... we're also doing a split 7" with anti-flag to benefit a friends pitbull rescue.

www.myspace.com/hkpoe

we're also doing a split 7" with anti-flag to benefit a friends pitbull rescue.

www.myspace.com/hkpoe

That is awesome. Keep me posted. Pitbulls need all the help they can get these days,

Its crazy how many nasty looks and comments i get when i walk my pit mix around my neighborhood or when i bring her to work with me. The mail women wont come in our front door if my dog is around until i bring her back into my office... Its really scary when a pitbull is standing at the front door wagging its tail and licking the glass waiting to be petted.

we're also doing a split 7" with anti-flag to benefit a friends pitbull rescue.

www.myspace.com/hkpoe

That is awesome. Keep me posted. Pitbulls need all the help they can get these days,

Its crazy how many nasty looks and comments i get when i walk my pit mix around my neighborhood or when i bring her to work with me. The mail women wont come in our front door if my dog is around until i bring her back into my office... Its really scary when a pitbull is standing at the front door wagging its tail and licking the glass waiting to be petted.

pits get some really nasty press so i don't know you can blame someone for being scared around them. people tend to believe what they see and what they see are pits bred for fighting.

If anyone has a demo they can send out I'd be up for receiving it

Not sure if you meant an online demo, or whatever. But if you meant actual product, my band recently setup a shirt/cd deal for $10. The cd is legit, jewel case, full color inserts, and celophane wrapped. If anyone would be interested in helping ANOTHER broke ass band. I'd do paypal.

[image]

www.myspace.com/galleas

sweet i'd def get a copy on vinyl for sure.

The CD we have is called Addio Terra: Part 1, we are going to try to put Part 2 out on a color/splatter vinyl through piratespress. I'm crossing my fingers in hopes of that actually happening. Only two (including me) members give a fart about vinyl.