It Finally happpened to me

mrc

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same thing happened with my Strung Out - Agents of the Underground. Luckily Fat had a backup copy.

I got a cd in the mail yesterday that came in a bubble wrap bag. The postman decided it was a good idea to fold every bit of packaging around the cd cover so it would fit in my letterbox. It's in bubble wrap for a reason you fucking dickhead!

you should mail this back to the person that sent it to you with insurance, when they get it, they can bend it up and take it to the post office and claim the insurance and make $$$ and send you some.

i've heard of a dude doing this before. i've never done it myself. mail fraud is kinda sketchy, but if you're feeling frisky, do it to it.

I finally had a chance to actually look at the picture and FUCK is the only word that comes to mind. For those following along at home, I'm the one who sent this out. I'm not a sketchy dude, I've made tons of trades on here and HYE and never had a problem before. That thing is beat to shit though and it was definitely in one piece when it was sent out.

Matt email me when you get a chance and I'm sure we can figure something out.

I know people keep talking about insurance, but some things - especially with trades - cannot be so easily replaced. The dead have yet another broken record.

Oh ya and you know it was someone or something USPS-related that did that. Not saying it was on purpose or not (though I personally always think that it is :P), but you know it happened in-transit.

It's shit like this that makes you wanna pay for insurance and all that jazz, but how many records do you think you've shipped and received? Not even worth it over time with the ratio of good ships to bad ships.

Thank you for the compliment?

The usual reminders with shipping collectibles:

- Pack well (sufficiently commensurate with value and fragility).

- Mark packages "Fragile" on all sides.

- Consider alternatives to media mail, since the bulk of media mail items are rather heavy and less fragile.

- Always insure valuable items.

Best wishes MRC.