Weasel/Riverdales off Asian Man, onto Recess

hm...sounds like another solid business decision from Weasel Manor...

from Asian Man newsletter today:

Effective DEC 12th, 2009, Asian Man will no longer be carrying any Ben Weasel related merchandise. Ben has decided that he can no longer work with me and Asian Man Records. To be honest, I have no hard feelings and I only wish Ben the best. After Dec. 12th, the good folks at RECESS RECORDS will be handling all the Screeching Weasel, Riverdales, and Ben Weasel solo releases. So what does this mean other than me being bummed these great records are no longer part of the Asian Man catalog? Well, it means we have very little time to sell a bunch of great records. So here's the following deal we'd like to make available to the masses:

BEN WEASEL BLOWOUT SALE:

You will receive the following items:

-RIVERDALES T-SHIRT(S,M,L,XL)

-RIVERDALES BEER KOOZIE

-RIVERDALES-INVASION USA 12"(will be on either red, blue, or clear vinyl)

-RIVERDALES-INVASION USA CD

-BEN WEASEL-THESE ONES ARE BITTER 12"(will be on black vinyl)

-BEN WEASEL-THESE ONES ARE BITTER CD

-BEN WEASEL-THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE CD

-RIVERDALES-PHASE 3 12"(on yellow vinyl)

-RIVERDALES-PHASE 3 12"(on black vinyl)

-and another random BEN WEASEL CD(either SCREECHING WEASEL or RIVERDALES)

This is well over $100 worth of merchandise for only $29. Remember, this stuff will never be pressed again on Asian Man. Every release will be a collectors item. There is no limit to how many of these packages you want to buy. This stuff is going to sell quick, so don't miss out if you are a music collector. Seriously, this will be selling like crazy, so don't waste a second.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all these douche bag things i keep hearing about ben doing is making me dislike screeching weasel/riverdales more and more. and i really don't want to dislike them....

Ben is a douchenozzle, that's a well known fact. The songs are still fun though. I don't listen to Screeching Weasel often but when I do I just wanna hear some good songs, not trying to be his buddy.

being liked by people has nothing to do with business. If BW want's to move his shit to another businesss partner, it probably has nothing to do with how nice Mike Park is, it probably has to do with him having a family and this being his main source of providing for him and his family. Don't let things you hear about people you've never met sway how much you like the music, that's pretty high school.

being liked by people has nothing to do with business. If BW want's to move his shit to another businesss partner, it probably has nothing to do with how nice Mike Park is, it probably has to do with him having a family and this being his main source of providing for him and his family. Don't let things you hear about people you've never met sway how much you like the music, that's pretty high school.

I actually know what's going on (I'm not going to to tell you so save yourself the time to ask-no PM's either) and it's REALLY petty.

You're correct it has nothing to do with how nice he is, the the truth is he's the most honest, stand up guy out there today.

I actually know what's going on (I'm not going to to tell you so save yourself the time to ask-no PM's either) and it's REALLY petty.

You're correct it has nothing to do with how nice he is, the the truth is he's the most honest, stand up guy out there today.

I don't mean to imply that he's not, I just don't understand why so often people care about the personalities of people they'll never meet and let that affect how they view something like their music. That seems to be more prevelant since message boards and the internets blew up as a source of information and rumor mongering.

from the sorce..you couldn't be more wrong.

lets pick this apart with out going to far into it....cus like justin i know whats going on.

ben has never in his life had a label that has paid him what he wanted and paid him on time. the ONLY LABEL TO EVER DO IT THE WAY HE WANTED WAS AMR. flat out the guy is a piece of shit. and if he lost his voice tomorrow and could never sing i wouldn't shead a fucking tear.

To people arguing with Zac, he's a renowned Ben Weasel apologist. This argument happens every time anything involving Ben being a prick comes up and he always makes the same argument. I think he secretly might be Ben.

This is true, I am a Ben Weasel apologist, and have been for a very long time. That said, it's because I get the joke and think his act is hilarious. I also love almost everything that he's ever written but those two things are mutually exclusive. If I thought he was a dick, I'd still love his records.

To people arguing with Zac, he's a renowned Ben Weasel apologist. This argument happens every time anything involving Ben being a prick comes up and he always makes the same argument. I think he secretly might be Ben.

This is true, I am a Ben Weasel apologist, and have been for a very long time. That said, it's because I get the joke and think his act is hilarious. I also love almost everything that he's ever written but those two things are mutually exclusive. If I thought he was a dick, I'd still love his records.

Not necessarily. I don't support artists I personally think are assholes. There comes a time when people have to say "hm how many other artists have never found a label that treated them right?" If you can't work it out with AM the problem probably doesn't start with them.

But when it comes down to it for me, I don't care what label he's on, as long as he keeps making records. I'm not into label allegiance.

You're talking apples I'm talking oranges. I don't care if he stays at one label forever. I like LTJ and they move around a bunch. But when he's never worked with someone without leaving on bad terms? Dude is a wanker.

But when it comes down to it for me, I don't care what label he's on, as long as he keeps making records. I'm not into label allegiance.

the dude doesn't make new records...he just shops around his old ones