Weasel/Riverdales off Asian Man, onto Recess

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might be off topic, but the Teen Idols self/titled was one of the first LPs I ever bought. It might have been the first I bought at a show. I forgot who they opened for, I think I saw them in 1996/97 at the State Theater in St. Pete, FL. It was awesome despite the State Theater having the practice to make the opening bands sound bad so the headline bands sound the best. I bought their record. I hope it wasn't stolen (after I came to Japan, someone stole most of my records in the US)

That could have been the show with L7 and Squirtgun. We played the State Theater quite a bit back then.

This might be off topic, but the Teen Idols self/titled was one of the first LPs I ever bought. It might have been the first I bought at a show. I forgot who they opened for, I think I saw them in 1996/97 at the State Theater in St. Pete, FL. It was awesome despite the State Theater having the practice to make the opening bands sound bad so the headline bands sound the best. I bought their record. I hope it wasn't stolen (after I came to Japan, someone stole most of my records in the US)

That could have been the show with L7 and Squirtgun. We played the State Theater quite a bit back then.

Small world... I was at that show!!!

I think the only other times i got to see the teen idols was at the last insub fest and at the masquerade in Ybor city in 98 or 99?? did you guys open for NOFX or something? i dont remember who you played with.

Bad Religion is significantly better

Agreed. It sucked that we got scheduled to play during their set. I remember that their set started about 15 minutes before ours, so it also ended before ours. As soon as they finished, I could see a big crowd running across the parking lot toward our stage. Near the end of our set, the members of Bad Religion were standing on the side of our stage watching us with the guys from NOFX. I hung out with Brian Baker all night at the after party at Double Door. That was really cool because Bad Religion were a huge influence on us.

Self-Titled and Full Leather Jacket have been in regular rotation for me since high school. Also, I still wear my Full Leather Jacket hoodie, even though that thing is approaching it's 10th birthday.

Wow! We'll be printing up new merch designs once the new album is ready. Maybe you can finally retire the hoodie!

Small world... I was at that show!!!

I think the only other times i got to see the teen idols was at the last insub fest and at the masquerade in Ybor city in 98 or 99?? did you guys open for NOFX or something? i dont remember who you played with.

Didn't TI play Indpendents Day Fest at Jannus Landing with Anti-Flag, FYP, 30 Foot Fall, and Diesel Boy and some others in '98 or '99? I don't remember...way too much pot and acid back then.

Didn't TI play Indpendents Day Fest at Jannus Landing with Anti-Flag, FYP, 30 Foot Fall, and Diesel Boy and some others in '98 or '99? I don't remember...way too much pot and acid back then.

Yep! Anti-Flag wasn't on that whole tour. They just happened to combine their tour with ours for that one show. Our tour lineup was Teen Idols, Diesel Boy, FYP, 30 Foot Fall, and Gob.

My friends' band, The Why I Oughtas played that stop too. Shit was tits. My car got broken into, tho.

I remember those guys! They were the ones with the singer (I think) with the blonde dreadlocks, right? We used to call him "The Predator". Good dudes.

Yeah. His name is Jonathan. We called him Frylocks. Only dude in the band I wasn't friends with.

My friends' band, The Why I Oughtas played that stop too. Shit was tits. My car got broken into, tho.

Right on! I remember I auditioned to play bass for them in '01...I didn't get the gig though... :P

Really? Small world. My friend Kent got that gig because him & Chad & Mark had been in bands before together. This dude Jeff I was in a band with ended up playing for Chad and Mark's band All Ages after WIOs broke up and Jonathan started the worst emo band of all time.

Right on! I remember I auditioned to play bass for them in '01...I didn't get the gig though... :P

Really? Small world. My friend Kent got that gig because him & Chad & Mark had been in bands before together. This dude Jeff I was in a band with ended up playing for Chad and Mark's band All Ages after WIOs broke up and Jonathan started the worst emo band of all time.

Very cool. Small world indeed. 8-)

the Methadones are not on Red Scare anymore.

Ill bet Ben told Vapid he couldn't be part of the reformed Weasel and Riverdales unless he cut all ties with Toby.

That would be a good bet to make. Not only did he force Dan to do it, but he made him do it on Christmas Eve. Ha, some Catholic Ben turned out to be!