Weasel/Riverdales off Asian Man, onto Recess

Both are in the works!

I recently transferred all of the original studio reels of the full-length albums to digital hard drive and discovered 3 never-before-released songs! I've been in talks with a certain label to release a "Best Of" record that will include select tracks from our three Honest Don's releases and these songs as bonus tracks.

I've also been planning to release a collection of all of our 7"s, splits, and comp tracks in one collection. Mass Giorgini re-mastered our first 7" with bonus tracks at Sonic Iguana Studios a few years ago for a repress that was only available to members of our fan club on clear vinyl, and I really like the way that sounded. I would like for the rest of our old vinyl releases to get the same treatment eventually.

I'm currently writing the new album. We'll be hitting the studio just after the new year, and hopefully will have a new record to tour on in the Spring.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FTW is by far the best trader and seller on this board. so i tend to believe him over any of ben's personal ball-licks. 10+ trades and never had one i was unhappy with, even had one he forgot to include a record and sent it out the next day priority and ate the costs plus threw in extra stuff.

Both are in the works!

I recently transferred all of the original studio reels of the full-length albums to digital hard drive and discovered 3 never-before-released songs! I've been in talks with a certain label to release a "Best Of" record that will include select tracks from our three Honest Don's releases and these songs as bonus tracks.

I've also been planning to release a collection of all of our 7"s, splits, and comp tracks in one collection. Mass Giorgini re-mastered our first 7" with bonus tracks at Sonic Iguana Studios a few years ago for a repress that was only available to members of our fan club on clear vinyl, and I really like the way that sounded. I would like for the rest of our old vinyl releases to get the same treatment eventually.

I'm currently writing the new album. We'll be hitting the studio just after the new year, and hopefully will have a new record to tour on in the Spring.

Holy shit!

Stoked.

Wow is Ben so intent on destroying Toby Jeg that he'lll yank his records from Asian Man because Mike Park won't join his war against Toby? I know Ben refuses to do anything with any band associated with Red Scare at all but this is a new low, even for him.

I see a bunch of Weasel ass kissers in here ripping anyone who dares speculate but none of them have offered up the real reason. Maybe Ben should just come out and say the reason. Of course he won't because it will show what a petty little man he is. So until Ben or his legion of apologists can tell us otherwise I am inclined to believe that he pulled them because Mike refuses to be a party to Ben's obsession with Toby.

Why not just enjoy the music and leave the business and other stuff to the people involved? I love how people are "ass kissers" for liking the music and minding their own business.

Honestly, I think he's just referring to Pete Repellent. If you read back over the thread there aren't a whole lot of people defending Ben Weasel, so I don't know how that dude can claim there's a "bunch" of BW "ass-kissers."

Honestly, I don't follow this bullshit. But I do know that drama just seems to follow Ben around and it never goes away, hence all the tired Ben vs. Toby BS. Why would anyone without a dog in the fight want to stick their neck out and just continue to throw fuel on the fire. I mean, I kinda get it, maybe someone is friends with Ben and they want to stick up for him, but there's so much drama surrounding the dude that you're going to spend all of your spare time on the internet arguing with other people for speaking out against Ben. Same thing goes for the anti-Ben people, if you stick your neck out and start a feud with him it never goes away, so why even go there?

I dunno, I don't really give a shit. Like I said before, I've heard stories about Ben being a dick, but I'm not his buddy, I just like listening to fun punk rock songs. I don't see why some people want to drag themselves into bullshit that they really don't need to be a part of. This goes for BOTH sides of the argument. It's just old and tired.

"Ben Weasel is a dick and did this dick move at some show!"

"No he didn't you weren't there you don't know what you're talking about!"

"Yeah, but Ben Weasel said so-and-so is a jerk!"

"That guy was being mean to Ben first, he was just defending himself!"

Doesn't anyone ever get tired of this bullshit? ::)

I just wish people like this Repellent person who are friends with Ben would take off the blinders and realize that even though Ben may be cool to them that he's a dick to a lot of other people. Why doesn't Repellent tell us why Ben really left AMR? I'd love to hear his spin. My guess is that he either knows that the whole Toby thing was the real reason and doesn't want to piss off Ben or he is so happy that he is friends with Ben Weasel that he refuses to believe anything bad about him.

this is why i enjoy this board.....unlike the riverdales board...you have to get the "OK"

way to go pete, you made it here with no problems...now go email mike and tell him im still being mean on the message boards. ;)

Wait a second, time out! There's a Riverdales board?!? Someone please point me there.. searching for Riverdales records is what brought me to this board..

Things were only heated because some loose cannons were shooting their mouths off when they shouldn't have. As far as I'm concerned, things are cooled off. They'll only heat back up when someone throws gas back on the fire.

Let's talk about something far more important, Phil when are you gonna do:

a) a Teen Idols non-album song compilation? Seriously, please get all these old 7"s and random songs tied up into a nice convenient package(ie: an LP), that'd be awesome?!

B) a new Teen Idols album, how that going?

This might be off topic, but the Teen Idols self/titled was one of the first LPs I ever bought. It might have been the first I bought at a show. I forgot who they opened for, I think I saw them in 1996/97 at the State Theater in St. Pete, FL. It was awesome despite the State Theater having the practice to make the opening bands sound bad so the headline bands sound the best. I bought their record. I hope it wasn't stolen (after I came to Japan, someone stole most of my records in the US)

Getting on topic, I think it looks bad on any individual and their organization when they say something bad about another individual or organization, even if you're right. Since we're throwing around world like Karma, let's remember what they actually mean.

I'm a huge Ben Weasel nerd. I think BW's work is the only thing I'm still nerdy about. I've also had the experience of being on the wrong side of Ben's wrath when I was 16 years old and doing a dumb Riverdales website. Time and maturity gave me a different perspective. I'm just happy that the Riverdales are still around and Ben is putting stuff out. I respect BW. I don't think it's good to sling dirt on the internet . I'm going to read this thread..

Anyway, FTW, just stay positive. Having SW/Riverdales on ASM was really good all these years. It brought business to your label from fans like myself. Don't burn your bridges. Let's be adults! (sorry, I have to have this persona at work and it's seeping into.. everything..)

this is why i enjoy this board.....unlike the riverdales board...you have to get the "OK"

way to go pete, you made it here with no problems...now go email mike and tell him im still being mean on the message boards. ;)

Wait a second, time out! There's a Riverdales board?!? Someone please point me there.. searching for Riverdales records is what brought me to this board..

You sir, are in for a treat.

You sir, are in for a treat.

Okay, I've been googling for this Riverdales board, but I cannot find it. Could someone please tell me? I miss the old SW board that the Interpunk guys used to run before they made Interpunk.

Both are in the works!

Holy shit!

Stoked.