Epitaph pulls cataloge from emusic

ps

I think this is bullshit, fucking Victory did it earlier this year. I am trying not to illegally download music, but I sure as hell am not paying $.99 a song or paying $15 a cd. emusic let me download legally for cheap $$ and I would go buy the lp if I really liked it. Its no wonder people steal music. At least I got all those Tom Waits albums. Excuse my rant.

im mainly talking about actual cds. if im going to pay for music, i want more than just the music. i want something to hold and look at. the whole package is part of the experience. ill never pay for music downloads. if they stopped charging $18 for cds and brought it down to a reasonable $10 or even $12 id buy just about everything on cd as well as vinyl. these days i only buy cds when theyre on sale or when the label offers them for cheap. barring that from bands on tour.

99 cents a song really isn't unreasonable. an average cd is 10-12 songs, and an average cd in a store like best buy is 11-12 dollars. and full albums over 10 songs are typically 10 dollars on itunes.

...And albums with less than 10 songs are cheaper than $9.99. Epitaph is just getting greedy and getting closer and closer to being something Bad Religion would decry. That's a sad state of affairs.

im mainly talking about actual cds. if im going to pay for music, i want more than just the music. i want something to hold and look at. the whole package is part of the experience. ill never pay for music downloads. if they stopped charging $18 for cds and brought it down to a reasonable $10 or even $12 id buy just about everything on cd as well as vinyl. these days i only buy cds when theyre on sale or when the label offers them for cheap. barring that from bands on tour.

you say that but how often do you read through the booklet? And how often is information in the booklet not available easily online? a bigger and bigger part of me buying music online has been waste. its a waste to buy a cd, take the cd out, put the case away, and rarely if ever touch it again.

I usually always read thru the lyrics and booklet. The whole point of me using emusic was to legally get digital music and still being able to buy vinyl. I don't want to (and can't afford) to buy both formats, emusic allowed me to fill up my ipod with all sorts of stuff I otherwise would've never bought.

I usually always read thru the lyrics and booklet. The whole point of me using emusic was to legally get digital music and still being able to buy vinyl. I don't want to (and can't afford) to buy both formats, emusic allowed me to fill up my ipod with all sorts of stuff I otherwise would've never bought.

i'm with you there. 19.99 for basically 7 albums is a great deal.

lets all be honest too, how much stuff Epitaph now puts out is worth getting anyways?

most any record store i go to charges that much. ill go into a record store and sale prices are $14. retail being more like $16-18.

plus i like having an actual cd so i can rip it at a higher bitrate than i can usually download it. i copy all my original cds because i hate having them get fucked up in my car. with an original cd i can either make a lossless copy or rip it to my itunes/pod at an above average bitrate.

where are you buying cd's that they are 18 dollars a piece? they stopped charging that much for cd's like 5 years ago when everybody made a big stink and the industry really started to tank.

Most of the indy stores in albuquerque sell them for that much, natural sound for one.