NOFX "Ribbed" colored pressing info

When Epitaph added all that vinyl to their store, I remember them saying that the Ribbed vinyl was from the original pressing and was making fun of people who paid a lot of money for the colored copies as they were going to sell them for $10.99.

Does anyone else remember this or have that text? They mention that the copies are from the original pressing, however it doesn't mention the colored copies anymore since they've long sold out.

I'm pretty sure they said they had pressed 500 originally and that they released the first 200 and they were selling the rest.

Info from the 1st pressing:

http://nofxwiki.net/w/Ribbed#Vinyl

From what I remember, they pressed 300 on orange (new press), which were the "epitaph exclusive" available only from them, but since they did not have a webstore, they sat on the color copies while the other stores/distros got the black re-issues. Once the new store launched, the remaining color copies were sold. I wonder how many copies were sold before the new store launched? ???

I would really like to see where epitaph said that (joking?). is this thread a result of that on ebay auction?

in any case the colors don't even really look the same, there's a pretty distinct difference between the orange and yellow. and they just happened to release these at the exact same time as all the other represses? why didn't they sell them at the same time as the first round of black represses then if they already had them.

in my opinion there is no chance these are the same pressing. but i would love to see info proving me wrong or right.

All of these appear to be the condom/yellow to me. The original "condom" colored pressing had at least 2 different shades to it...a pale yellow, and a brighter yellow. It was supposed to look like a condom. This latest colored repress is orange. It may look different in some pictures due to flash and picture quality, but it is definately different from the first pressing.

All of these appear to be the condom/yellow to me. The original "condom" colored pressing had at least 2 different shades to it...a pale yellow, and a brighter yellow. It was supposed to look like a condom. This latest colored repress is orange. It may look different in some pictures due to flash and picture quality, but it is definately different from the first pressing.

Well, to me, the one has an orange tint, the other has a green tint. What people are calling the "new pressing" are the ones with the orange tint.

Until the dude from Epitaph can clear this up, it's all conjecture.

Well, to me, the one has an orange tint, the other has a green tint. What people are calling the "new pressing" are the ones with the orange tint.

Until the dude from Epitaph can clear this up, it's all conjecture.

I don't know if this helps, but... http://www.nofxwiki.net/w/Ribbed

I've never actually seen one of the "condom" ones in person, but I do own one of the orange ones...and it is all orange. And to me looks nothing like the pics of the first ones.